BF2 + Asus Xonar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 + Asus Xonar

So my XIfi Gamer died and having heard good things about the Xonar I decided I would give it a try. Got myself a Xonar DX 7.1 set it up installed the drivers and away I went.

First game I tried was FEAR 2 and it worked very very nicely. In fact every game I've played works very nicely with the card except for BF2. To be frank the sound is rubbish. You get constant pops, squeaks and all kinds of stupid sounds a lot of them seem to focus around com chatter.

I've tried updating the drivers which helped marginally I have tried adjusting every setting. Going from Hardware through to Creative trying low to ultra high and having EAX turned on and off and I just can't find any setting that makes these annoying pops and squeaks go away.

Anyone else got this card and encountered this issue? Better yet anyone know how I can resolve this issue?

Re: BF2 + Asus Xonar

lol so asus xonar is no better than x-fi with the pops and static. that's good to know, i always thought it was creative's fault but it's gotta be BF's fault. BF is the only game that has audio issues with x-fi.

just use hardware i guess thats what i do with my x-fi.

Comment

hmmm I never had any issues with my Xi-fi gamer and BF2 but yeah I am starting to think that it is BF2s issue since I get no such effects with any other games I own.

Comment

Same card. Same game. Same problem for me.

I think the sound quality is good, it's just these pops and random noises that are the problem.
        For other games and music the card is great, but BF2 has issues with it

Comment

Same problem with the Asus Xonar D2. BF2 is the only game this happens in.

I think we just have to live with it or swap between onboard/external devices before playing.

Comment

Same problem with the Asus Xonar D2. BF2 is the only game this happens in.

I think we just have to live with it or swap between onboard/external devices before playing.
            I have to shut my system down to reactive my on board sound so to put it nicely

fornicate that.

Comment

Enable and then switch using device manager.

Comment

Enable and then switch using device manager.
                Oooo that's just a potential cause for all kinds of issue. No matter I seem to have found a way that works.

Disable DS3D GX in the Asus Xonar control panel. Switch from Game Mode to Hi-fi Mode.

Load BF2 and then go in to Audio and select 'Hardware' instead of 'Creative'. Then select 'High' and ensure EAX is disabled.

The sound quality is still above that of most onboard hardware and more importantly the odd squeaks and pops are gone as well. The downside is the voice over and coms sound is a tad stuttered.

Of course this will only really work for those using a 2.1 stereo setup.

Comment

Working...
                X