My Thoughts on BF1943 Features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Thoughts on BF1943 Features

Before I start these feelings are based on an accessible FPS game. To understand this game you have to understand what it is and not pass judgment. Also, now that I'm older, have kids, a wife, a career I play console almost 100%. BF2142 was my last BF game on PC I played religiously. I find myself looking more and more for quick fix games and those don't exist for FPS and DICE is now (seems that way at least) offering me a product I can enjoy and balance with my other life responsibilities.

Feature: Regen Heath
    Like It: Yes
    Why: To often in BF2 I see some guy as a Medic running around with his health pack deployed to heal as he is shot and only deploying it to heal himself while in a firefight. Now we all have something like this which makes for an interesting strategy if it work how I think. If you take serious damage you need to take cover and if it works like CoD wait a short amount of time to start the heal. During this time the one who damaged you has an opportunity to peruse knowing you are weakened or something else. Once your heath is back up you're right back in the fight and that is always going to happen and you're never dependent on someone else.

Feature: Replenishing Ammo
    Like It: Hell Yes
    Why: I can't count the number of times I've been in awesome firefights only to have it be stopped because I ran out of ammo. Now my goal of the game is no longer what it should be. I'm dead man walking looking for ammo and that isn't fun. I'm no longer helping my team and it completely takes me out of my zone. For me this keeps team play going because none of my team are doing anything else except attacking the enemy and defending or taking their flag.

Feature: Front line System
    Like It: Yes
    Why: I like this more for new players. If you haven't played BF games on Conquest picking your spawn is fairly new and often lands you away from everyone. If this system works like I think it will even new players are spawning where to defend or attack. This makes it better for us veterans because we'll have more of our team around us actually helping with the point of the game.

Feature: Three Kits
    Like It: Not 100% sure yet
    Why: Haven't heard enough on this, but I trust DICE and it seems they didn't reduce them just to reduce them, but more like they didn't need more than three. BF1942s its were a bit much and felt like it was forced to have so many. Same with BF2, but not as bad as in BF2.

Feature: Air planes
    Like It: Yes, Love it!
    Why: BF1942s dogfights were soooo fun that I'm really looking forward to these in the Frostbite engine. Just hope they are better balanced for Air vs. Ground than BF1942 and BF2 especially.

Feature: Destruction
    Like It: F**k Yes
    Why: I want my Sherman tank to drive over trees, through fences, and through walls. I can't imagine how many times playing BF1942, BFV, BF2, and BF2142 I wished this was possible.

All I can think of for now.

Re: My Thoughts on BF1943 Features

you forgot ships that are not movable at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster View Post
      you forgot ships that are not movable at all.
      Thats one of the things I loved about BF2. I dont know how many times someone would go into the battle ships in 1942 and put them WAY out to see or on the ground where the artillary can sink them or snipers take you out on the deck.

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Were airplanes overpowered in 1942? I thought they got it right.

Comment

Originally posted by DontKnockIt225 View Post
          Were airplanes overpowered in 1942? I thought they got it right.
          I didnt think so. They had good AA guns in good places and tanks were also able to shoot them down.

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I hope the AA guns work good in 1943. I will find myself using them alot against enemy air planes!

Comment

Working...
            X