BF2 heatmaps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 heatmaps?

Anti-baserape scripts are available, so there must be some way of knowing where someone died. If we had a way to take that data from the server I suppose we could map the number of deaths and locations to produce a heatmap.

Re: BF2 heatmaps?

And you want that data for competitive purposes, I gather?

Comment

Nah, just a fun little project that'd be cool if anyone could get it working. But I suppose it would be nice to know where the worst nade spam spots on Karkand are.

Comment

heat maps are cool to look at. valve has heat maps for certain maps in TF2 and it's neat checking them out. It would be interesting to see them for BF2

Comment

Yup, it's definitely possible - something similar has been done. If heatmaps haven't been done yet, I'll take a crack at it if there are some server admins who would be willing to run a script on their servers to gather data

Comment

No need to - I already have one of those pictures

It's truuuuuue

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Elxx View Post
              Yup, it's definitely possible - something similar has been done. If heatmaps haven't been done yet, I'll take a crack at it if there are some server admins who would be willing to run a script on their servers to gather data
              :awes

Where did this pic come from though? I thought the BF2 commander view was the same as the caps lock map unless you zoom in 3x.

Comment

Working...
              X