Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (DS) New Super Mario Bros. Review

Not a fan of my old reviews.
    Last edited by Obsidian Spire; 04-29-2016, 05:11 AM.

Re: (DS) New Super Mario Bros. Review

Not a fan of my old reviews.
    Last edited by Obsidian Spire; 04-29-2016, 05:12 AM.

Comment

I diddnt read the poem, or the review, as I HATED this game. For me it killed sidescrolling mario platformers. I hated the visuals, level design, overall feel of the game. Why couldnt they just make super mario world again, but with differnt levels? D:

Still, I gave you rep for the over 9000 reviews you seem to have submitted

Comment

Originally posted by Mo0by View Post
        I diddnt read the poem, or the review, as I HATED this game. For me it killed sidescrolling mario platformers. I hated the visuals, level design, overall feel of the game. Why couldnt they just make super mario world again, but with differnt levels? D:

Still, I gave you rep for the over 9000 reviews you seem to have submitted

If you just want more Super Mario World with different levels try playing hacks of SMW. There are several thousand hacks that utilize the Super Mario World engine to create new levels designed to challenge the player. Some of them are ****ing awesome too.

I thought the level design was either too simple or too obtuse, rarely in the middle. The instance where Mario has to go into quicksand and quickly jump in order to access a secret area... yeah pretty damn odd. It seemed to me something more akin to a hard hack than an official Mario game.

I wish they had kept the items from previous games because the new items are just kind of blah.

I certainly don't agree with reviewers who claim this to be the greatest Mario game. It's was fun for a while, but it isn't an instant classic like SMW. Still most people will enjoy the game, so I had to recommend it even though past Mario Brothers efforts had much more ingenious design.

Comment

Working...
        X