Default Console Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default Console Questions

1) Is there a command that will reset the custom console commands? For example, one command that will revert everything (cg_fov, phys_gravity, maxfps, etc.) to the Default Setting.

2) How can you make one's server low grav (either low grav or high jumping) with Modern Rcon 0.8? I only ask this because the codes I used to use worked on an older version but don't on 0.8.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Default Console Questions

For resetting your config you could just open up your config_mp.cfg file and delete everything except for your binds (which are at the top)

---

/rcon g_gravity 400

that would set the gravity to half of the normal (default is 800) - however gravity 'resets' back to 800 on new rounds/new maps... unless you use a mod which has a command for g_gravity (something like scr_gravity or just overrides g_gravity) - OpenWarfare might have the command in the mod, if it doesn't it's easy to add in (or request it on there site: http://openwarfaremod.com )

Comment

OK! I was omitting the 'rcon' part in the code. Thank you!

Secondly, I have no binds so I will just erase it all.
      But the file that holds the MP stats and stuff is the mpdata, right?

Comment

Yea, mpdata holds your 'rank,' servercache stores your favourite servers (as well as the 'server list' but you'd have to update if you went to it) and config_mp only stores your config

Comment

/rcon g_gravity 400
          Returns this in my rcon:
          Unknown command "/rcon"
          Is there a certain config on the server that prevents this? Is there a way type this while in-game?

Comment

In-game you would type /rcon g_gravity 400 - but since you are using ModernRcon then you probably don't need the / part or the rcon part...

Comment

where's the config_mp.cfg file located?

Comment

For me on XP it's

C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles\"Your Name"\config_mp.cfg

Comment

Originally posted by -=NaG=- Heady View Post
                  For me on XP it's

C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles\"Your Name"\config_mp.cfg
                  that worked, thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X