No announcement yet.

how important is in-game audio to you.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how important is in-game audio to you.?

im just wondering because i'll probly make a video again later but then i like recording with xfire caus its smoother but then the sound is laggy so i wouldnt really want to use it im just wondering if people would care if there is no in-game gun noises or anything

Re: how important is in-game audio to you.?

i dislike ingame noise i prefer seeing a moie edited and synced to the music

Comment

i dislike ingame noise i prefer seeing a moie edited and synced to the music
      same here i like good editted movies not quick frag showoffs.

Comment

Depends on the video, depends on the music. Gunship videos with sound and music would be HORRIFIC, infantry you can get away with and to some extent I like hearing the gun sounds. Music only (no in game sound) vids are a safe bet but can be a bit bland if the music isn't well picked and the film isn't well edited.

I'd say a safe bet would be to either pick a fairly simple song and use in game sound, or to find a more epic song with a good beat and go for time-synching without sound.

From an editors perspective, it's much easier to deal without ingame sound (so any velocity based effects you apply to the video avoid out-synching with the sound).

As a viewer, I don't really care. A good video is a good video, so... just make a good video :P

Comment

Soft music in the background and ingame sounds

or the opposite

loud, kickass songs without ingame sound, but then syncing is a must

Comment

Hearing in game sound can be a nice change

Comment

Originally posted by Abs0lute_Zero View Post
              Hearing in game sound can be a nice change
              i agree with you, But no problems with music aswell.

Comment

i dont know i keep recording bits of stuff but then deleting it but its just one of those things like if you were me and made 13+ videos already it starts to get really hard to be motivated enough to do annoying recording that puts you in stupid mode where you dont think as well and then taking time away from the game to edit stuff for me at this point it is just too abnoxious idk im kind of just starting to get tired of it

Comment

Then don't make another movie.

Personally, I like in-game sounds. Without them you can't get a feel for whether the player is burst firing or full-autoing. Music is also nice to have unless the music itself is disagreeable or overly cliché (such as using the Top Gun theme while recording a BF2 jet ownage video). But videos without ingame sound just aren't as involving to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Field View Post
                    i dont know i keep recording bits of stuff but then deleting it but its just one of those things like if you were me and made 13+ videos already it starts to get really hard to be motivated enough to do annoying recording that puts you in stupid mode where you dont think as well and then taking time away from the game to edit stuff for me at this point it is just too abnoxious idk im kind of just starting to get tired of it
                    Take a break from it then :P Then when you do come to make another, go all out on it with the whizz-bang-editing and the sound synching and the hoo-hah and the what-not. I've only done 2 videos of my own gameplay, and those were shared videos with an old clan member... and they were a year ago. As such, making a video now the motivation is very much there :P I'm having quite a bit of fun making my current one actually, gonna be infantry, clanmod and funship mixture with silly credits as usual The real problem I find these days when making a vid is to not add to the pile of generic camp gib movies.... it's just so much easier to get silly kill streaks there, but from a viewers point it's just "seen that already".

Comment

In the earlier days in-game audio was a big thing for me, and in some older games it acted more like an audio radar :-) - These days I tend to have music playing the same time as the game, unless its an in depth round or something then audio isn't all that important thes days.

Comment

you gotta have in-game sound. it's just not the same w/o...

Comment

Originally posted by Lolyn View Post
                          gonna be infantry, clanmod and funship mixture ".

funship lol

Originally posted by fatmooseknuckle View Post
                          you gotta have in-game sound. it's just not the same w/o...
                          yeah i agree you have a reel of stuff with no sound and only music it doesnt really seem right. not nearly as satisfying..

Comment

Working...
                          X