Call of Duty 5 Connect problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call of Duty 5 Connect problem

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY! Anyway, me and my friend want to have a duel (Me vs Him) and I make the server, join on and Invite him. Otherwise he has a problem, he can't connect. He said, "It goes from Connecting 1-11 and the connecting quits!"
    My 'Make a Server' Spects'
    Mode: FFA (Free For All)
    Map: Castle
    Server Name: SK| 1 on 1
    Dedicated: Internet
    Max Players: 2
    Min Ping: 0
    Max Ping: 0
    Password: We had no password
    Voice Chat: Yes
    Auto Balance Teams: No
    Allow Voting: Yes
    Punkbuster: No
    Vehicles: Yes
    Time Limit: 10 Minutes
    Score Limits: Unlimited
    Spectating: Free
    Wave Spawn Delay: None
    Force Respawn: Enabled
    Radar Always On: No
    Number of Lives: Unlimited
    Respawn Delay: None
    Max Health: Normal
    Health Regeneration: Normal
    Allow Killcam: Enabled
    Allow Sprint(Running): Enabled
    Headshots Only: Disabled
    Allow Perks: Enabled
    Allow Killstreaks: Enabled
    Hardcore Mode: Disabled
    Can someone tell me what's the problem? And I don't want to buy servers, or any new router, mine is fine enough.
    So is my Bud's.

Re: Call of Duty 5 Connect problem

Most regular routers for home use does not allow direct connections by default. What you would have to do is read up on your router on how to allow inbound connections or NAT translations to let someone in.

I dont know if it would work on an FPS, but there is this software called himatchi that is suppose to allow people to easily connect together. You might check that out.

Or, you can go in one of the many empty servers online and go at it like that.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch View Post
      Most regular routers for home use does not allow direct connections by default. What you would have to do is read up on your router on how to allow inbound connections or NAT translations to let someone in.

I dont know if it would work on an FPS, but there is this software called himatchi that is suppose to allow people to easily connect together. You might check that out.

Or, you can go in one of the many empty servers online and go at it like that.

Crunch
      Hey thanks Crunch, I'll try that 'Hachamika' thing out!

Comment

To add to this issue, I tried playing tonight with the new patch and all of the servers that come up have pings over 500. I tried COD4 and the same thing is happening, is there some problem going on on the client side tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by =d][b=Ausden View Post
          To add to this issue, I tried playing tonight with the new patch and all of the servers that come up have pings over 500. I tried COD4 and the same thing is happening, is there some problem going on on the client side tonight?
          No, I was on tonight and ping was good. You might be having some other issue.

Crunch

Comment

Yeah, I figured it out. I hadn't been on xfire in 2 weeks so there was an update and even though I downloaded patch 1.2, xfire downloaded it again. Seems when xfire downloads a patch your ping can reach 500-800. It's good now.

Comment

It's called Hamachi -.-

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle
                It's called Hamachi -.-
                Thanks Kyle. Ive never used it, but know some guys that do and what its called. Ive never even seen it.

Crunch

Comment

Working...
                X