A question strictly for PC gamers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question strictly for PC gamers

I have a question for PC gamers, I own a console and play battlefield bad company. I found it to be pretty fun. What do you pc guys think of bad company? Have you played it? And what would like to be changed in bad company 2 to make it more pc friendly?

Re: A question strictly for PC gamers

I think DICE did a great job with it... BFBC definitely have some of the best sound in a game ever. It's not a classic BF game, but somehow the new class designs fit the consoles better. If it were to be ported straight over to PC, it wouldn't be bad, but would need some tweaking.

BFBC2 for PC then... at least 32 players, come on DICE. You pushed your last engine to the limit with 64 players, you can do it again

Tweaked classes... to something a bit more classic. Assault, medic, recon (sniper), support, engineer sounds good to me. BF2 almost had too many classes, and BF2142 almost had too few.

Many maps so we can pick one we like, play it 24/7 and forget about the rest

Lots of vehicles, tanks, APC's, jeeps, golf carts or whatever. The first Bad Company did a good job with this I think but the maps are a bit too small and the player count a bit too low for vehicle combat. 12vs12 is ok with infantry.

Comment

Originally posted by iQu'e View Post
      I think DICE did a great job with it... BFBC definitely have some of the best sound in a game ever. It's not a classic BF game, but somehow the new class designs fit the consoles better. If it were to be ported straight over to PC, it wouldn't be bad, but would need some tweaking.

BFBC2 for PC then... at least 32 players, come on DICE. You pushed your last engine to the limit with 64 players, you can do it again

Tweaked classes... to something a bit more classic. Assault, medic, recon (sniper), support, engineer sounds good to me. BF2 almost had too many classes, and BF2142 almost had too few.

Lots of vehicles, tanks, APC's, jeeps, golf carts or whatever. The first Bad Company did a good job with this I think but the maps are a bit too small and the player count a bit too low for vehicle combat. 12vs12 is ok with infantry.
      Agree'd on all accounts.

Although I always thought the vehicles were fine...

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Paladin View Post
        I have a question for PC gamers, I own a console and play battlefield bad company. I found it to be pretty fun. What do you pc guys think of bad company? Have you played it? And what would like to be changed in bad company 2 to make it more pc friendly?
        It's ok but it's a little basic.

Maps are really tiny and kind of linear. The squad system is really really basic compared to BF 2/142. Vehicles control kind of weird (why could they not just have up as forward?). Lack of prone is kind of annoying. Not as much interaction between classes (medic, ammo, repairs etc.) Player count is pretty low

Comment

Originally posted by iQu'e View Post

I also agree 100% the game is almost perfect for the console! but for a real PC BF game it wont cut it in my opinion.

Comment

I think for a lot of us it's more about the "feel" of the game. It's like listening to music by your favorite bands. Sometimes they put out and album that just doesn't "feel" like the band as you know it. Something's changed, you may not know exactly what, but it's just got a whole different atmosphere to it.

Battlefield games on PC have a very unique feel to them. I think DICE are grossly underestimating how much map size and player limits contribute to the general "feel" of Battlefield, but there were definitely some elements of Bad Company that felt like a traditional Battlefield game.

Comment

Bad Company wasn't bad for a consolized Battlefield game. But like many consolized games, they fail to keep me playing beyond the first few weeks of buying them. Bad Company 2 just doesn't belong on the PC and won't work. It may work for some, but many of those that love Battlefield 2 are going to expect more from this than less of what is being offered at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by dikinher View Post
                But like many consolized games, they fail to keep me playing beyond the first few weeks of buying them.
                that's the whole point of console game development. they don't want to keep people playing it for a long time like the PC BF games because they want to move on to the next game and the next game, and make more $. the fact DICE is able to produce 3-4 console games during a period where we're still waiting for 1 true PC BF game should say enough.

Comment

The only console game that has kept me playing for more that 25 hours or so is FF7. I played the crap out of that game, but most games I just play through the 5-10 hour single player and put the game off to the side.

In comparison, I've put ~500 hours into BF2, ~40 hours into BF2142, ~1500 hours into UT2K4 and ~2500 hours into Diablo 2. Yes, I was addicted and had a level 99 character at one point...

But the point is, I put a lot more hours into PC games than all of my console games put together. It used to be a different scene altogether. Now they're trying to make games on PC disposable just like consoles. The problem with that is: we can't freaking rent a PC game for ~$4 like the console guys can. They rent it and beat it in ~10 hours or less, we have to pay $50 for that same ~10 hours. If we could rent games the same way, I wouldn't even have a problem. But we can't.

Comment

Working...
                  X