Cant Join Servers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant Join Servers!

I am trying to join Servers over the net with no luck, it fades out the music then pauses, but my harddrive is still thinking and according to Task Manager it is still running, but thats it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, but no luck fixing the problem.
    When I run the game compatibility mode (Win XP) I can try and join but it comes back something along the lines of lost connection to server, then if I try again it crashes with something to do with memory.
    In both cases I cant see servers in my Favourites or players on the servers I am looking at :hmm:

I am running Windows Vista Premium SP1 64bit.
    I am also using 4gig of ram if thats an issue.

Anyone else got this problem or a fix to this problem??
    I have looked around for 3hours now, time to ask for help

Re: Cant Join Servers!

paging file maybe, try the custom file, set min to recommended min and max
    to the recommeded max, also check logo cache in "Documents/BF2/logocache"
    delete the entire folder from this spot on occasion..:thumbsup:

Comment

This is likely the same problem I had trying to run BF2 with vista 64 bit. It's a common problem with Vista 64 and certain 32 bit applications/games.

Try this...
      1. Back up your Bf2.exe.
      2. Download this program (CFF Explorer) http://www.ntcore.com/exsuite.php
      3. Edit the Bf2.exe according to this image...[media]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/4646/app2gbbm0zg5.jpg[/media]

There are side effects. Editing the .exe will lead you to get punkbuster kicks on MD5 checks enabled servers. (I get kicked from very few servers because of it.) But like you, either I crash with a memory error or I apply the fix. EA has known about the issue for along time and has yet to patch it.

Comment

All the bf games work fine for me on Vista x64 and XP x64, all I've done is have an administrator account and disabled User Account Control in Vista.

Comment

Some people have the problem and some don't. I had 4gb of OCZ ram running Vista Ultimate x64 and I would crash every map change with a mem.dll error. After applying the fix to the Bf2.exe, I never had a mem.dll crash again. Possibly a chipset issue. Who knows but it's something to try at least.

Comment

Working...
          X