Holy crap I just played Battlefield 1942 the old wake island demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy crap I just played Battlefield 1942 the old wake island demo

I havent played it since I was 21, Im 25 now. I just downloaded the demo again and WOW Awesome stuff. A few things I did going into it, I knew battlefield 1943 had three classes and regenerating health and unlimited ammo. So I chose the medic since Ill be playing infantry in 1943. I chose not to heal myself and I chose to use the AA guns when I was the allies!

I can now say that it was a blast. it was only 32 players but I had fun! I shot, I played like a team, I communicated with text. I shot down two planes with AA guns. I lost 3 hours to the demo. Other things I notice in 1942 wake island is huge, But I believe they probably scaled it down in 1943 because its only 24 players.

Re: Holy crap I just played Battlefield 1942 the old wake island demo

Yeah i just came off from playing 1942 for first time in over a year. I didn't get a wake island game. Like 90% of the servers are greyed out, need to find out why :S.

Anyway it is a brilliant game XD but it does feel like it needs an update.

And yeah from the demo it looks very much like wake has been massively scaled down which is a shame. But we'll have to see what comes of it

Comment

did you patch it?

Comment

Yeah I had to install a demo patch. When I finally played it, I thought it was sweet!

Comment

I have 1942 and all expansions, making me want to reinstall (ohno)

Comment

Originally posted by Namakan View Post
            I have 1942 and all expansions, making me want to reinstall (ohno)
            You know you want too! I might pick it up this week, the full game. I enjoyed wake island demo!

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Paladin View Post
              You know you want too! I might pick it up this week, the full game. I enjoyed wake island demo!
              You can get all the expansions plus Vietnam for like 20 bucks lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Deesies View Post
                did you patch it?
                Yeah, do you think they maybe mod servers? My list have a good few hundred servers but only lets me join like 10 :s

Patched right up and I do have expansions.

Comment

Try installing Desert Combat.

Comment

BF1942 and DC are a must on all my systems, pretty much whenever we get together we LAN DC.

Comment

Working...
                    X