PR crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PR crash

I have the latest version of PR, it's all updated right along with bf2. I know this part, been playing since .6. Mostly, when the game is loading, or changing levels it will crash, and once in a while in game, but like I said mostly when loading or changing level. Sometimes I get a memory error at 14% and have to ctrl alt delete and quit, and sometimes it just crashes to desktop. Any ideas what could be creating this problem? I don't have any other mods installed and haven't changed any of the folders of bf2 or anything so don't tell me to reinstall, re patch 1.41 and then PR again. Any other ideas though?

Re: PR crash

Check your resolution. Should be at least 1024 x 768, and (the game might auto-enable this when installed) DISABLE EAX (Audio Options). <- Fixed random ctd's for me. Try reinstalling PR from a different mirror as well. If vanilla works, it's likely either EAX or a bad file.

Comment

I play at 1600x?, the highest it goes. I would play in 1920x1200 but it wont go that high. I'll try disabling what you just said.

Within the last hour it crashed 4 times. Once, I just pressed escape, another when the round ended, and I just tried doing training on Kashan desert and it crashed twice. I'm about to give up again even though I don't want to. I spend more time reinstalling, deleting BF2, 1.41 and PR more than playing.

Comment

sounds like your system is running out of memory if when your hitting escape, its crashing, could be a memory leak problem with your PC. Formatting it is the only real way to fix that thou, I use to have the same problem but after a format its been fine.

Comment

Sounds like what was happening to me. This fixed it for me

Comment

How do you format?

I don't have any virus problems, I went to defragment or what ever and it said it wasn't needed. I have 4GB of RAM and a 512mb video card.

I don't remember if I get a message with my crashes, but I'll keep my eye open so if it does again I will remember what it was and try that. Thanks.

Comment

I would try what DaMaster has suggested first before you consider formatting. formatting basically means wiping your hard drive clean of all data on it then starting clean installing windows etc from scratch.

Comment

Working...
              X