X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why would I buy this game?

Originally posted by TheHeartSmasher View Post
    Some possible Pros

No unlocks and probably no rankings/leaderboards/etc. so people will be playing to have fun like in BF1942
    Yes now I can teamkill for planes without any loss of global points. Rank/Stats only made the game better I don't see why it's a pro.

Comment

Originally posted by =)BiT(= Evant3k View Post
      Yes now I can teamkill for planes without any loss of global points. Rank/Stats only made the game better I don't see why it's a pro.
      I don't think DICE are that dumb to allow teamkilling like that.

Comment

Originally posted by iQu'e View Post
        I don't think DICE are that dumb to allow teamkilling like that.

Then again is this not the same team that has taken a year longer for what looks like a carton BF. (might be fun and cant grumble as its free) and has now released details of a game (1943) that the community in general was not asking for……and I bet its not half as good as 1942 was with manic dog fights and good sized maps……To tell the truth it’s a console BF and they are porting it over to the PC also. It certainly does not look a jump forward that’s for sure.

Comment

PC is no longer a jump forward for publishers.

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I’ll probably not download it, looks nothing new apart from the new game engine, I’ve not been on frostbite yet! I remember when publishers were trying to produce new exciting pushing the limit kind of games………..When I first seen BF2 I was like Wow that looks fantastic, but this looks same old same old. Why have maps that are only three in number and been played to death.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch View Post
              PC is no longer a jump forward for publishers.

Crunch
              Yeah.
              I felt this was a huge let down to PC owners. Maybe it'll be fun for some people, but its not a breakthrough or going to be the next greatest thing, imo.

Comment

The question here is:

Why would people come onto a forum devoted to a game and express their plan to not buy the game.

hmmm this is a hard one. For attention perhaps? For they must know they are not making a difference. That is the reason, so what does this tell us about these people. They are lacking a little in pride, and perhaps purpose. They need attention which suggests they need an ego boost.

You know I am right, you can deny it all you want.

Anyway what does this game offer:

New graphics and destructable scenery. 3 of the best maps from an out dated game. Remake of a legendary game to make it popular and satisfactory. Battlefield 1942 although a brilliant game is out dated now. A replacement is necessary.

Comment

How would dice know what to improve for the players if nobody tells them what is unliked? You may happily take whatever is put on your table but telling everyone they're wrong for their differing opinions is not supportive of meaningful discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Deesies View Post
                    How would dice know what to improve for the players if nobody tells them what is unliked? You may happily take whatever is put on your table but telling everyone they're wrong for their differing opinions is not supportive of meaningful discussion.
                    Talk sense to a fool and he will call you foolish. Weren't you told; complacency is the foundation of progress! Just say nothing and don't ever have any opinion other than 'OMG this is awesome!!!' and games will magically improve on their own!

After over 3000 posts on this forum you'd think you'd know that by now, sheesh.

Comment

I like to believe everyone can be reasonable =(

Comment

Originally posted by Deesies View Post
                        I like to believe everyone can be reasonable =(
                        LOL well yeah, most people are, but not everyone. Some people were just born without the 'reasonable' gene. Sometimes all you can do is *facepalm* and move on.

(BTW I was just joking with you on my last post, Deesies :thumbsup: )

Comment

Originally posted by DontKnockIt225 View Post
                          The question here is:

Why would people come onto a forum devoted to a game and express their plan to not buy the game.

hmmm this is a hard one. For attention perhaps?
                          Not the brightest of chaps are you:shakehead:, I’m an avid fan of the BF game, and just because I am does not make me an Auto purchaser as it were, my last bought Ea game was BF2. I did not buy that future one on the basis it was not for me I had no interest in it. I am how ever in to the BF mod’s as the more experienced players are and have enjoyed the massive contribution Mod’s like PR have made and keeping me playing basically a four year old game.

If you cant work out it out for yourself I probably wont buy this 1943 as it simply is not looking that interesting and the fact it will be by the looks of it 12 V 12 on three maps I have played to death……I’m disappointed as most are at the lack of a decent successor to BF2. but because We don’t all share the “ this will be fantastic “ view is churlish to suggest we do it for attention in most cases it because we have been playing longer and on these boards longer.

Also look at it like this, well those buying 1943 say are possibly paying for the company to carry on and they will succeed in producing an actual worthy successor to BF2 in time even if this is just a stopgap. So I’m happy there is interest in it just possibly its not for me as I want a challenge as I’ve grown accustom to project PR both in playing style and actually having skill to play on that level that makes Vanilla BF2 look like a kiddies shooter.

Comment

Working...
                          X