Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DICE Could Have Made a Great BF3

Originally posted by iQu'e View Post
    Yes there is, the korean game isn't developed by DICE, EA just started a new studio in Korea where it will be developed. I think it was called Neowiz? or something like that
    Korean game refers to the Korean style-business they're doing, not BF:Korea, so that's all of them right there.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomeis View Post
      Just say you sold "Product 1" and made $100,000 off of it and then discontinued it and created "Product 2" and only made $50,000 off of it and then you discontinued selling it. Then you decided you were going to revive one of those two products and start selling it again at the price you were originally selling it at. Which one would you choose? "Product 1", which made you $100,000 or "Product 2", which made you only $50,000?
      Okay you answered the why go back question but missed the overall point of it (or maybe you didn't, and wanted to be a smart arse :laugh

The overall point was, businesses unless they have good cause will leave old products, dice/ea somehow thought BF2 was worth the trouble at this point in time ($$$) , but the 2 year gap was because they didn't see any point, they wanted to focus their attention on BF2142 & bad company amongst other things, which is where my point was going....

Comment

Why is BF:BC2 not a modern combat follow up of BF2? There a screenshot on EA website of BC2 which looks very similar to BF2. Its got helicopters in the screen aswell. If this is not a BF2 follow up then what is? Or does it have to be exclusively for pc for it to be a follow up?

You people know almost nothing about BC2 but already write it off when it is MODERN COMBAT. If you dislike it then **** off. We dont care if you dont play, i personally think its selfish for you to want a pc exclusive game and limit DICEs profits just so you feel the game is not "consolised".

Go stand on a bridge and announce that youll never play BF1943 and BC2. I'm sure the fish and birds might, just might take an interest.

Comment

I'll accept BFBC2 as the follow up of BF2 when they announce jets and 64 man battles.

Comment

Originally posted by DontKnockIt225
            Why is BF:BC2 not a modern combat follow up of BF2? There a screenshot on EA website of BC2 which looks very similar to BF2. Its got helicopters in the screen aswell. If this is not a BF2 follow up then what is? Or does it have to be exclusively for pc for it to be a follow up?

You people know almost nothing about BC2 but already write it off when it is MODERN COMBAT. If you dislike it then **** off. We dont care if you dont play, i personally think its selfish for you to want a pc exclusive game and limit DICEs profits just so you feel the game is not "consolised".

Go stand on a bridge and announce that youll never play BF1943 and BC2. I'm sure the fish and birds might, just might take an interest.
            Bad Company was presented as a comedy and that is a far cry from the seriousness of Battlefield 2. There is nothing wrong with PC exclusivity as much as consoles having theirs. A pc exclusive wouldn't limit anything. Consider the fact that BF2 sold more copies in its first year than Bad Company had sold on PS3/360 together in its first year.

Comment

Originally posted by dikinher
              Consider the fact that BF2 sold more copies in its first year than Bad Company had sold on PS3/360 together in its first year.
              At the time BF2 was released, it introduced significant improvements in gaming technology and playstyle. The squad system, in-game VoIP, the commander system and assets, vehicle combat, 64 player combat, extensive modding capabilities, etc. All of these things combined created a package which essentially took the FPS market by storm.

Now, I'm starting to notice a general trend (I'm number 5/5 in the editorial posting line for the BF1943 reactions series) which I'll talk about in my editorial later on. Prior to posting the news about the BF2 1.5 patch, all anyone talked about was, "Jets suck, J10 needs a nerf, glitches, fags, whores, etc., we need a patch." After the announcment of the 1.5 patch, we get "OMFG NO BF3 ANNOUNCEMENT IN DICE INTERVIEW?!?!?! WTF YOU SUCK DICE AND TGN!!!!! /ragequit" Now that we have a new game announcement, it's "THIS SUCKS! IT ALL SUCKS! GO DIE IN A FIRE DICE AND FANCLUB!" (All words and emphasis mine).

With that said, I will proffer my information on why this is a game targeted more toward the console market. First, (and yes, this is subject to heated debate) the gaming market, according to industry metrics, is moving toward the console arena. In order to maximize profits, launching a title in all markets simultaneously would appear to be the most intelligent decision. Based upon the interview information where the DICE employee spoke about the decision to have a 24 player limit, he specifically talked about the limits and constraints placed upon the information transfer over proprietary gaming console networks. This being said, the PC market could easily handle higher limits on such traffic since, all things being equal, "modern" computers tend to be more powerful than the current generation of gaming consoles. It, therefore, is a reasonable inference to say that in order to ensure that all markets can be targeted in a cost effective manner, DICE has retained the console logic, at least in terms of its multiplayer system, and moved it to the PC arena.

Such a change is virtually unheard of in the PC gaming market; whether this is good or bad (going back to BF2 redefining the modern combat FPS) we can't yet determine. However, based upon the information currently released to the public, I feel as though I would enjoy the experience more were I a veteran console gamer than a veteran PC gamer. However, this is no reason for the Battlefield community to become so defensive over the PC exclusivity of the title; seeing posts such as "Not PC exclusive -- not buying." is just silly and insulting to not only DICE as the developers but to the rest of the Battlefield gaming community.

Having played a game such as Heroes which by its nature does not support such large scale battles as BF2 or 2142, I can safely say that I would much rather have these massive battles. Although the fighting is closer and therefore makes the action seem as intense, the variety of combat itself is limited by virtue of you having a much higher chance of running into the same enemy time and time again. Additionally, less equipment can be fielded at any one given time, thereby reducing each person's potential role by an additional factor. The above statements were not based on mere inferences; no, they are based on actual playtime in situations which are similar to those found here.

Comment

Many of the features you've mentioned are what made us fans of the series. Hardcore fans want Battlefield games that utilize the pc to its fullest potential. I hope they can do both. I really do. We would be happier if the development cycle included time for pc excusive titles. In fact, I don't see any reason why it can't unless pushing the quantity of titles sold is an absolute priority. Either they are willing to sacrifice the quality of the pc game or they can develop high quality multiple platform games.

I know its unfair to judge the games before release. Perhaps there won't be any loss of quality or the advances in these next gen games will outweigh the losses. I hope that is the case. But as fans I think we all have a right to express our concerns. We want Battlefield games optimized for the pc that retain large scale open warfare and the sandbox variety that made the series great.

Comment

Working...
                X