Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DICE Could Have Made a Great BF3

Originally posted by WolfAlmighty View Post
    Now, if you're correct and BF1943 is simply a test bed for a game of a grander scale, then fine, I have no problems. But last year we were promised, by DICE, that 2009 would be the year for the PC gamer so with anticipation we waited as they unveiled the remaining titles of the announced five in their BF franchise. Now that we know they are BF1943 and BC2, we know that a BF3 wasn't part of their plan, at least not for the forseeable future. What we see is a shift towards smaller, console-oriented games rather than the massive-scale BF games of old. While we may not agree with all the changes that were made to BF2, we obviously still care enough to post here and discuss them and the game in general, so you (hopefully) can understand the disappointment when we were hoping for the next big bang and instead we get just a couple small fizzles.
    2 issues:

BF:BC2 perhaps is BF3. Its modern day is it not? Same as BF2. Itll have an upgraded graphics engine and completely destroyable terrain. Little more is known about it i think.
    Or does BF3 to you mean a non console game? If this is the case why is it so important?

On a console note, DICE have never released a multi platform game in the past. This means you have nothing to go on to see what it will be like for the pc.

So please state WHAT IS THE PROBLEM???

Comment

Mirror's Edge was multi-platform.

Comment

Does anyone remember the Pacific war mod for 1942?,it had U boats,Planes and was huge.There was also a flamethrower:weo:

It was awesome and i challenge them to beat it:salute:

Comment

Originally posted by Tomeis View Post
          Mirror's Edge was multi-platform.
          Was it made by DICE? No.

Just because one or 2 games have had that effect, does not mean every game will. DICE have not created a bad game in the BF series. Have some faith.

Comment

Originally posted by DontKnockIt225 View Post
            Was it made by DICE? No.

Just because one or 2 games have had that effect, does not mean every game will. DICE have not created a bad game in the BF series. Have some faith.
            You are SO clueless! LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Comment

I guess we shall see in the summer. Or I will. Hopefully you wont buy the game.

Comment

Originally posted by DontKnockIt225 View Post
                I guess we shall see in the summer. Or I will. Hopefully you wont buy the game.
                What I said about you being clueless just went way over your head, didn't it?

Comment

Apologise to you. I had never heard of mirrors edge before.

I done a tiny bit of research. This is a "first person action adventure game". These are console games. Much like Assassin's creed is a console game.

First person shooters are PC games. I dont think it is a fair to compare this when those types of games are console games.

Comment

To the OP, how do you know DICE isn't already making BF3?

Comment

EDITED FOR THE MINORS= Swear Words Retracted.

Originally posted by xRAMBOx
                      WTF arent u on the same side?and what is this quote because ive been playing BF for 6 yrs...or did u get prikd teased last nite or what?

how are the players responsable for clitches or errors?or poor build quality?

on the plus side yes it is good to get a rant off now again:thumbsup:lol
                      What side am i on exactly would help lol :laugh:

BF2 has issues, glitches etc... Who exploits the glitches? Who uses the cheats? Because its sure as hell not dice, its the players faults, not all the players granted, some want a fair game, but more often than not, its always a stupid little player thinking he's cool using the glitches or cheats etc, if all players didn't use the glitches or cheats then BF2 wouldn't need so many patches in the first place, players ruined it, just like players ruin any game...

That was my point, everyone blames dice for the problems when they're taking full advantage of it and causing the problem to exacebate, if no one took advantage there wouldn't be a problem to start off with.

As for techinal issues such as crashing to desktop, that is down to your machine coping with the games engine that has bugs in it, again that isn't dice's/ea's problem, what are they gunna do, send you a graphics card capeable of running the game out?

Yet, despite that, there are still between 15,000 to 25,000 people playing at all times. Add another 4000-10000 for BF2142.

And correct me if I'm wrong here, but did you not watch the same videos and read the same text as I did? All we can go off of is the information we've been given and compare it to what we already know (past BF games). What we know is there are fewer classes, fewer maps, less need for teamwork, and fewer players. Aside from newer graphics and destructible environments, how will this be any better than even BF1942, much less BF2?

And what do BF2's glitches have anything to do with this game? Are you saying this game will be bug-free?
                      Did i ever once say that no one plays BF2? Better yet where did i say BF2 as an overall game was crap, nowhere, read before you speak wolf, i said its engine was crap.(you will actually find somewhere on the forums where i say BF2 is crap, because in my opinion it is now)

I watched the same as you difference is i didn't start complaining at a product that hasn't even been released yet, man please, you make the same point everytime and i have to answer it everytime, WE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE GAME WILL BE LIKE You think you have it mapped in and out from a damn trailer and some text, get real man, as if you know jack all, your being a child now, because you didn't like what you heard the teddy was out of the cot and you got the god complex thinking you know it all, well congratualations you just crossed the line into completely useless.

If i know Battlefield like i do there will be crap loads of bugs in it, its the gamers fault from exploiting the bug in the first place. Unless its a floating barrel and crashing to desktop its the gamers fault.

You accuse everyone here of not thinking for ourselves and being lemmings, but you're the one just taking everything DICE dishes out with the best of graces, thinking, 'there MUST be a reason DICE is doing this...yep...they must know what they're doing'. I'd rather be cynical and argumentative than someone being led around by blind faith.

And you call us lemmings.
                      What? are you kidding me, i really can't believe what i just read, you are a seriously half brained person arnt you? Tell me how do you put your shirt on on a morning?

You clearly just said, you want to argue black is white because thats what you do? so basically from that little part there, you just renounced all forms of intelligence, and told us all that no matter what it is, your still gunna argue because thats what you do?

What man, words can't describe how much a "clown" you really sound right now.

Let's see...you live in the UK (oddly, so does your compatriot), and last time I checked, free exchange of ideas was permitted in the UK. Now if I lived in North Korea and you were Kim-Jong-GameArtist, then you could tell me to stop my 'b!tching', but since this is not the case, you cannot prevent others from expressing their opinion any more than they can prevent you from expressing yours, no matter how much the latter may benefit society as a whole. </cheap shot>
                      Now lets see.... You just moved from the "clown" category into the completely "dopey" category. What are you talking about, if i was korean, your picking out any old crap now arnt you. When did i say you couldn't have an opinion? never, all i said was your moaning constantly at something you clearly know nothing about...I'm more and more astonished at the lack of intelligence from you as i keep reading.

Thanks for the extra reading, now here's some more thinking you can do for yourself (since by your own admission nobody else here is capable of it). The reason people complain is because they care. If people didn't care about DICEs games or the BF franchise, nobody would be here. When people stop posting is when people stop caring, and that's when you're screwed. The patches were intended to make BF2 better, and in some cases they did and in some cases they didn't. But who made the patches? Who thought that fixing claymore TKs simply meant making friendlies not set them off? Looking at BF2142, they found a way to make that work without being unbalanced. All we were hoping for was the announcement of another game like BF2 only with more improvements. Instead we get, again, 1/3 of a game.

Now, if you're correct and BF1943 is simply a test bed for a game of a grander scale, then fine, I have no problems. But last year we were promised, by DICE, that 2009 would be the year for the PC gamer so with anticipation we waited as they unveiled the remaining titles of the announced five in their BF franchise. Now that we know they are BF1943 and BC2, we know that a BF3 wasn't part of their plan, at least not for the forseeable future. What we see is a shift towards smaller, console-oriented games rather than the massive-scale BF games of old. While we may not agree with all the changes that were made to BF2, we obviously still care enough to post here and discuss them and the game in general, so you (hopefully) can understand the disappointment when we were hoping for the next big bang and instead we get just a couple small fizzles.
                      Right fair enough your dissapointed, but the fact still remains you have abandoned all hope before its even had chance to arrive.

You've judged everything ahead of schedule and im sorry but thats not good karma, its not even smart in the slightest.

Wolf...lets end this here because its going to go nowhere, you think what you want, i'll think what i want, we clearly have two different views on the situation at hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster View Post
                        y'all go out and buy 2142 if you haven't. that will be the last true BF game on PC.
                        The last true Battlefield game was BF2, because after BF2 was released thats when EA took over. All EA care about is pumping out as much crap as possible to make maximum profit, looks at the Sims its EA flagship game FFS.

Edit: WTF is up with my join date (Feb 2007) i've been a member on here since June 2005.

Comment

Originally posted by 18Zulukiller View Post
                          The last true Battlefield game was BF2, because after BF2 was released thats when EA took over. All EA care about is pumping out as much crap as possible to make maximum profit, looks at the Sims its EA flagship game FFS.

Edit: WTF is up with my join date (Feb 2007) i've been a member on here since June 2005.
                          2142 was.

Comment

Originally posted by Deesies View Post
                            2142 was.
                            That's your opinion and your entitled to it, but 2142 flopped for a reason and that was IMO EA got the grubby hands on the battlefield franchise and messed with the formula that made Battlefield a success.

Comment

2142 didn't flop and that isn't opinion. It may not have had the success of 2 but it certainly wasn't a failure.

Comment

next will come 2143 before BF3 lol

DICE Could Have Made a Great BF3
                                BUT THEY DIDdENT

Comment

Working...
                                X