DICE Could Have Made a Great BF3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DICE Could Have Made a Great BF3

DICE isn't making BF3 right now. They said they had 5 games in development, and all 5 are accounted for.

It'd be nice to believe there's something still unannounced, but there's simply no reason to believe it. Why would they release BF3 right after BC2, which is bound to be pretty similar?

If DICE release a PC-exclusive "BF3", it'll be around 2012 when BC2 has died down and the market has recovered. It never did exist, and some certain people lied to us.

Comment

OK... lets imagine the truth. GAMES across platforms have been a nightmare. You will see a dramatic reduction in PC games in general as the Console >> Port >> PC becomes the norm <gah> e.g. see DICE expose this direction.

Check 6-12 months DICE are still doing this, is the PC and the capability of much higher GFX/multiplayer count dead? Ports make me sad.

Comment

I just dont understand bf 1943. Bf heroes i can see that they are just trying something new, but bf 1943 looks exactly the same except that it might be aimed toward an older audience... I just dont understand why they are making 2 'mini' games instead of putting their resources to bf3.

Comment

Pushing web browser tech is new & should be good, I'magine they are fighting EA to do BF3, function not fashion ; )

Comment

I thought that
            BF:Bad Company 2 = BF3

So they are developing BF3 already announcing the release in fall 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by old sch00l View Post
              DICE will make BF3 and you will all bow down to it's greatness :laugh: *prediction*
              lol with this group, no chance anyone will bow, they'll pick it apart like Raptor around a sheep, they'll always be something wrong, never good enough for the fans.

Comment

Whatever, this makes no sense, I suppose I'll continue to play BF2. But DICE is not going to get my money for any 24-player, console to PC port.

Comment

Originally posted by Neptune View Post
                  I just dont understand bf 1943. Bf heroes i can see that they are just trying something new, but bf 1943 looks exactly the same except that it might be aimed toward an older audience... I just dont understand why they are making 2 'mini' games instead of putting their resources to bf3.
                  Have you thought BF1943 is a test phase game? they're testing to see if it works? And think of the chronological order of BF games.

BF1942
                  BF2
                  BF2142

The next game you see will be BF1943 bang on target, after that the almighty BF3 will be released, then BF2143, get my drift?

I'll put my bottom Fiver on that, better yet i put my bottom Twenty on this, When BF3 is released....Everyone will dislike it....Know why? Because of this big hype around it, life just does not live up to the hype, COD 5 Showed us that.

Originally posted by [1CD]D|Pvt.usapatriot View Post
                  Whatever, this makes no sense, I suppose I'll continue to play BF2. But DICE is not going to get my money for any 24-player, console to PC port.
                  Your loss, if you want to judge the book before you read it be my guest. BTW its supposed to be free i heard, which means you'll def download it making all this rant aload of crud.

Comment

I doubt a bf2143 will come out considering how big a fail 2142 was. BF3 is what we have been asking for, and instead we get another flashback of ww2 era tech,

Well I'm sick of history hence why I did not buy Cod5. I want an updated BF2 modern warfare game damnit and so do most others! The fact is someone over @ DICE/EA is failing to do there research on there customers more carefully.

And I absolutely refuse this BS of having to buy a consol to continue a game I initially found on the PC. Infact, what other BF seriies have been on the consol? To my knowledge, none. Now why is it that Cad Company is exclusively only for Xbox? Because EA made a deal with Microsoft probably. All it comes down to is maximizing $$$ in there eyes, not the consumers.

Newho this is my first and last post about this crap. I don't care for gossip much but for people who like to carry it on, try to look outside of the box once and a while.

Comment

Originally posted by System View Post
                      I doubt a bf2143 will come out considering how big a fail 2142 was. BF3 is what we have been asking for, and instead we get another flashback of ww2 era tech,

Well I'm sick of history hence why I did not buy Cod5. I want an updated BF2 modern warfare game damnit and so do most others! The fact is someone over @ DICE/EA is failing to do there research on there customers more carefully.

And I absolutely refuse this BS of having to buy a consol to continue a game I initially found on the PC. Infact, what other BF seriies have been on the consol? To my knowledge, none. Now why is it that Cad Company is exclusively only for Xbox? Because EA made a deal with Microsoft probably. All it comes down to is maximizing $$$ in there eyes, not the consumers.

Newho this is my first and last post about this crap. I don't care for gossip much but for people who like to carry it on, try to look outside of the box once and a while.
                      Welcome to a forum where gossip is talked about and debated.

6.80 billion people around the world, this forum is a spec in its rear. To my point, everyone here might want modern warfare, everyone else might want world war 2, in my own opinion, i like WW2 games, i love the history to them, the story, the facts. I'm looking forward to some WW2 dog fights where they are pretty same advantage, let alone this missle lock stuff today, you want modern warfare fair enough, you'll just have to wait abit longer.

Also to say BF2142 was a huge failure a fair deal of people play the game so i disagree with that, there will be a BF2143 i guarandamntee it, because you don' like it doesn't mean the 6.80 billion other people don't.

Mmkay pumpkin

Comment

Originally posted by System View Post
                        I doubt a bf2143 will come out considering how big a fail 2142 was.
                        2142 didn't sell as well as DICE and EA expected but in no way was it a "fail" - I'm not saying it because it's my favourite BF game but there are lots of people playing, not on the levels of BF2 but modern day games just sell better.

Comment

Originally posted by iQu'e View Post
                          2142 didn't sell as well as DICE and EA expected but in no way was it a "fail" - I'm not saying it because it's my favourite BF game but there are lots of people playing, not on the levels of BF2 but modern day games just sell better.
                          Screw Modern warfare! That is so repetitive, boring, innane. Man, I have played over 200 hours of Battlefield 2 before ditching it for the infinetly better Battlefield 2142, and let me tell you, Battlefield 2 is mess compared to 2142.

Battlefield 2142 team actually used their brain when they created everything in the game, instead of actually just copying things from the present.

Frontlines is also a good example of future warfare done right(Battlefield 2142 did that too).

Problem with Frontlines, is that it is not futuristic enough.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGameArtist View Post
                            lol with this group, no chance anyone will bow, they'll pick it apart like Raptor around a sheep, they'll always be something wrong, never good enough for the fans.
                            Doubtful. While there will always be dissenters and criticisms, by and large a 'traditional' PC-exclusive-esque 64 or higher player game resembling BF2 would go over quite well with the fanbase, regardless of the era (well, okay, maybe BF1492 with mounted cavalry and 80% melee combat wouldn't, but you get my drift). The fact is that what was announced (BF1943) wasn't that at all, and it remains to be seen what we can expect from BC2. It's not really fair to expect the fans to mess themselves with excitement over the announcement of a game that is essentially 1/3 of what BF2 was.

If DICE were to announce today that they're making a BF3 that's in the tradition of BF1942/BF:V/BF2/BF2142 then I guarantee you'd have far more :yay: than .

Comment

Originally posted by WolfAlmighty View Post
                              Doubtful. While there will always be dissenters and criticisms, by and large a 'traditional' PC-exclusive-esque 64 or higher player game resembling BF2 would go over quite well with the fanbase, regardless of the era (well, okay, maybe BF1492 with mounted cavalry and 80% melee combat wouldn't, but you get my drift). The fact is that what was announced (BF1943) wasn't that at all, and it remains to be seen what we can expect from BC2. It's not really fair to expect the fans to mess themselves with excitement over the announcement of a game that is essentially 1/3 of what BF2 was.

If DICE were to announce today that they're making a BF3 that's in the tradition of BF1942/BF:V/BF2/BF2142 then I guarantee you'd have far more :yay: than .
                              Yup, I agree. Even though I perfer modern warfare I would still be happy with a WW2 BF game that fits the specifications that the majority wants. It's BF1943's specs that annoy me, not the setting it's in.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGameArtist View Post
                                Your loss, if you want to judge the book before you read it be my guest. BTW its supposed to be free i heard, which means you'll def download it making all this rant aload of crud.
                                Nope, it's download only but not free.

Comment

Working...
                                X