Please, Please DICE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please, Please DICE

This time, PLEASE get the damage right for multiplayer. I don't expect one shot kills, but I would rather it be like the singleplayer for Bad Company. It took about 4 shots of AEK-971 to kill someone, which is absolutely fine. But in multiplayer, it LITERALLY took half a drum of MG3 to kill just one player.

If not implemented for EVERYONE, then please add a "hardcore" mode, similar to CoD 4, where you have 30% health.

Bad Company was a great game. It was absolutely flawless, bar the fact that it took entire magazines to kill someone.

Re: Please, Please DICE

I don't see the problem with weapons doing little damage in MP, for PC at least where aiming is easier. On consoles aiming is harder.

Comment

I do have to agree... You could take a crapload of damage. If they had lowered the damage just a bit it would be perfect.

Comment

I agree it wouldn't really matter on PC, but I also agree that it does take a crazy amount to put someone down in mp. Maybe I just suck on consoles hmmmmmm

Comment

This concept of whole mags been used does not sound too bad NOW, after i sepnt last night playing BF2142 for a change from BF2, and i noticed that someone just needed to point their gun at me and i was as good as dead, and its not like i don't have a clue how to play as am a 3 star in BF2, ANY gun battle in BF2142 results in someone been killed instantly, where as in BF2, if you are taking shots while running you can duck behind cover and end up winning the gun battle, or just hit the deck and retrun fire and end up winning the gun battle, but with BF2142 the second you know you are been shot at your already dead.

OK, whole mags is probable a bit crazy but i hope BF-BC2 damage is somewhere between BF2142 and BF-BC1, which will be around the damage of BF2 which i will be very happy with.

I think player damage is the single thing that would stop me from buying a game, COD4 could have been such a good game but the damage is very much like BF2142 and for that reason, i hate it.

I think DICE got it just right with BF2, the damage guns do is PERFECT and also not every bullet hits. (accuracy perfect too).

Comment

If the weapons are accurate and doesn't have a crapload of deviation like BF2, I don't think a lot of health is a problem. Infact I like it better that way, promotes good aim, bursting and choosing your targets. I just enjoy that style of FPS better.

Hardcore mode would be the worst thing to happen to BF. It should be an arcady fun game, not a game where a bullet to a toe kills you.

Comment

Originally posted by **L96A1** View Post
              This concept of whole mags been used does not sound too bad NOW, after i sepnt last night playing BF2142 for a change from BF2, and i noticed that someone just needed to point their gun at me and i was as good as dead, and its not like i don't have a clue how to play as am a 3 star in BF2, ANY gun battle in BF2142 results in someone been killed instantly, where as in BF2, if you are taking shots while running you can duck behind cover and end up winning the gun battle, or just hit the deck and retrun fire and end up winning the gun battle, but with BF2142 the second you know you are been shot at your already dead.

OK, whole mags is probable a bit crazy but i hope BF-BC2 damage is somewhere between BF2142 and BF-BC1, which will be around the damage of BF2 which i will be very happy with.

I think player damage is the single thing that would stop me from buying a game, COD4 could have been such a good game but the damage is very much like BF2142 and for that reason, i hate it.

I think DICE got it just right with BF2, the damage guns do is PERFECT and also not every bullet hits. (accuracy perfect too).
              Yup, bullets actually go where you aim in 2142 D:

Comment

Some here have misunderstood me - what I'm suggesting is not a (9mm in the foot, you're dead) damage system. I want it to go back to BF2 damage, where it did take 5 bullets of assault rifle to get someone.

A person with a pump action shotgun was climbing a ladder into the attic where I was hiding. I got out my M60, and started opening fire on him just as he reached the top, but he somehow managed to survive ten 7.62 bullets and one-shot killed me with his shotgun.

I also unloaded an ENTIRE magazine of SPAS 15 into a person standing 5 meters are from me, only for him to turn around and SPAS 12 me.

I'm trying to say, that the game should reward those who are sneaky enough to stealth around behind the enemy, and get the drop on them. It shouldn't be a scissors-paper-rock deal with weapons - all bullets kill. I should be able to kill if I fire first, not get killed when I start unloading PKM into someone only to have their - unusually superior in damage - UMP kill me two seconds later.

A VSS or SVU should take at most three bullets to kill someone. Don't like snipers? Tough, play more carefully. There is no reason a perfectly good game, featuring destructible environments, should be dumbed down to the point where it takes more than three 9x39 bullets to kill someone.

Also, iQu'e, I read your reply to the thread, "What features would you like to see in BC:2?"

You stated this: "no hardcore mode, that would be horrible!"

Well, since it would hypothetically be optional if the gaming community was divided on this topic, then why wouldn't you NOT play it if you didn't like it, and leave those who do want it, alone?

And Cicchetti, no, you don't suck. At one point in time, on PS3, I was ranked 699 worldwide, without glitching. There was a point at where I could get 10+ knife kills in one round. I revisited Bad Company lately, after a long hiatus, and I'm lucky to get just one kill. There is something wrong with the damage, and looking at the damage you take in other games, its just counter-intuitive.

P.S: An-225 is me, I just realised that by typing in An-225 instead of KC-10 into the login box, it created a new account?

Comment

One bad thing with the console matchmaking is that it doesn't account much for ping. While in a regular server in say BF2 most people have a ping around 80 or lower, many people in BF play with horrible internet on servers really far away. Hit detection gets screwed up.

One thing I hope that DICE does is to keep the humour and little details that make all the BF games great.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J57J-UbPwac[/media]

Comment

Originally posted by iQu'e View Post
                    One bad thing with the console matchmaking is that it doesn't account much for ping. While in a regular server in say BF2 most people have a ping around 80 or lower, many people in BF play with horrible internet on servers really far away. Hit detection gets screwed up.

One thing I hope that DICE does is to keep the humour and little details that make all the BF games great.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J57J-UbPwac[/media]
                    Does bad company even had dedicated servers? Most console games still use listen servers for multiplayer.

Comment

Not sure actually. Don't think so.

Comment

BF2 is quite high damage.

On unarmoured classes
                        PKM = 3 shots a kill
                        AK47 or M16 takes 4 shots a kill.

1 bullet to the head.

The reason for it seeming like more is simply very big bullet deviation. Players dont know how to handle recoil. And finally the bad hitboxes.

Comment

They should go back to real clips, and give medics shock paddles back.

Comment

hope its not like bf2 in that half the time when you shoot at someone you dont even hit them..bf2 would be way better if that got fixed

Comment

Working...
                            X