Any news on 1.5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any news on 1.5?

I've been a bit out of the loop of battlefield news. Last thing I remember was them announcing 1.5 but I'm not sure if there's anything been said about it since?

Re: Any news on 1.5?

They were going to release it in December but for some reason, they're still in Beta. Either EA is holding DICE back, they've run in to problems, or someone spilled coffee on the hard drive that contained the patch.

There's a patch coming for 2142 too, but I'm not sure how much they're going to add. Maybe just a new map.

And oh hi Deesies. :wee:

Comment

Hello again

I remember there being rumours about the booster packs being made free. Nothing on that either?

Comment

Originally posted by Deesies
        Hello again

I remember there being rumours about the booster packs being made free. Nothing on that either?
        Great as that would be it is extremely unlikely.

Comment

I think it would be a smart move to include the booster pack with the upcoming patch.

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa View Post
            I think it would be a smart move to include the booster pack with the upcoming patch.

Then how will EA get there money.I say they will never give the booster pack for free but they might drop the price but never for free.

Comment

Originally posted by notodd1991
              Then how will EA get there money.I say they will never give the booster pack for free but they might drop the price but never for free.
              I don't think anyone is buying them just now, either.

Comment

Originally posted by Deesies
                Hello again

they definitely should make them free considering the only 2 populated servers are time padding servers that will ban anyone who decides they actually want to play.

Comment

the ole majician or thief trick!"look at this hand while the other takes away"

I wouldnt expect support for bf2 and the game is fubar now anyways me thinks,Time to start a fresh:thumbsup:.

Unless they add a huge pack of added content to bf2 im quiet bored with it

Comment

Originally posted by xRAMBOx View Post
                    the ole majician or thief trick!"look at this hand while the other takes away"

I wouldnt expect support for bf2 and the game is fubar now anyways me thinks,Time to start a fresh:thumbsup:.

Unless they add a huge pack of added content to bf2 im quiet bored with it
                    umm... ok? they've already said they're coming out with a beta phase for this patch so I don't know what you're talking about

Comment

I don't see why you guys keep waiting for this 1.5 patch. It's probably only going to fix some obscure server crash error and maybe a new map.

It's not going to address key gameplay issues such as the F35 vs. J10 imbalance and hit detection. Then again, they never addressed anything important in any other patches, all they've done is nerf something with each consecutive patch and make gameplay more dull and monotonous.

Comment

Originally posted by lamphalo232 View Post
                        I don't see why you guys keep waiting for this 1.5 patch. It's probably only going to fix some obscure server crash error and maybe a new map.

It's not going to address key gameplay issues such as the F35 vs. J10 imbalance and hit detection. Then again, they never addressed anything important in any other patches, all they've done is nerf something with each consecutive patch and make gameplay more dull and monotonous.
                        Details have already been announced. It will fix game issues like crashes and hackers, it will add one new map, and fix the J10. I don't remember exactly what they said they're changing about the J10 but they did say what they're going to be doing with it. I think they might be reducing it's turning abilities. I think they also said that there are a few other details that they didn't want to announce at that time. Oh, and they also hinted on the official EA BF2 forums (so it wasn't an actual announcement) that they will be making some tweaks to the hit detection.

This is the new map

Comment

Originally posted by Tomeis View Post
                          Details have already been announced. It will fix game issues like crashes and hackers, it will add one new map, and fix the J10. I don't remember exactly what they said they're changing about the J10 but they did say what they're going to be doing with it. I think they might be reducing it's turning abilities. I think they also said that there are a few other details that they didn't want to announce at that time. Oh, and they also hinted on the official EA BF2 forums (so it wasn't an actual announcement) that they will be making some tweaks to the hit detection.

This is the new map
                          very simular to a old 42 or mod map i can remember,but wow i cant wait

Comment

looks like it's going to be a total ***** on infantry only D:

Comment

Originally posted by Deesies View Post
                              looks like it's going to be a total ***** on infantry only D:
                              Nade fest. Unless they limit nades to 1 per class.

Comment

Working...
                              X