I have read that Vista 64-bit will not play nice with BF2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have read that Vista 64-bit will not play nice with BF2

I have read that Vista will not play nice with BF2 (even less Vista - 64bit). I have searched the web and forums, and have found questions about helping with problems, however I may have missed something. I am doing a CLEAN/NEW install and I thought I would ask this question to you guys (the Pro's):yay:, I am sure someone out there knows a really good game plan on this...

What is the best way to setup BF2 on a Windows VISTA 64-bit Operating System, from a CLEAN/NEW install. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.:salute:

Here are my specks:

Vista (sp1) - 64 bit
    Intel i7 920 CPU - 2.67 GHz
    6.00 GB - RAM (in Tri-mode)
    750 GB - HD
    ATI Radeon HD 4670 (512 MB -RAM) - driver 9.1
    Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional
    (Should I turn on the Realistic EAX 5.0 in the game, or is that no longer valid with the ALchemy program I have to use?)

Re: I have read that Vista 64-bit will not play nice with BF2

It runs perfectly fine on Windows Vista 64bit SP1. If you run into any problems try running BF2.exe with Windows XP SP3 Compatibility and as administrator then it should run just fine.

Comment

I've had zero problems on my Vista x64 system.

If my memory serves me well BF2 hasn't crashed since I started using Vista, which was when? Last july?!

I'm a bit at a loss as too why you've got an i7 CPU and then a 4670 for the graphics card. Unless this is a workstation of course instead of a gaming machine..

Comment

I don't have any problems with BF2/2142 and Vista 64. My Vista Account is administrator and User Account Control is disabled.

Comment

Mine worked just like normal from a fresh install O.o

Comment

I read a number of Vista / BF2 problems on the web, some people were having trouble, so I wondered if I could avoid it.
            Still would like to get a good tip on the:

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional
            (Should I turn on the Realistic EAX 5.0 in the game, or is that no longer valid with the ALchemy program I have to use?)

Thanks for all the help:thumbsup:, You are all the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Skaggy View Post
              I'm a bit at a loss as too why you've got an i7 CPU and then a 4670 for the graphics card. Unless this is a workstation of course instead of a gaming machine..
              I tend to spend way more time restoring old photos and videos than playing. But sometimes I get in the mood to play and I will play for days and days.

However, I ran out of money :dead: and thought I would get an okay one and save up for a good one.:nod:

I would love to have a: ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2 PCI-Express 2GB GDDR5 Dual DVI Video Card.

Comment

Working...
              X