Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New film and new software tool

Hello fellow BF2 fans

Me and some clanmates recently finished our first BF2 film, and we would like to share it with you.
    The movie is about 5 minutes and consists of a series of small clips. There is no storyline, but the movie is supposed to put a smile on your face... that is, if you agree with our sense of humor (or lack thereof)

We put a lot of time and effort into this, so we hope you enjoy it!
    Comments are most welcome (here or on YouTube).

Watch it on YouTube - remember to watch in HD
    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWNVEzcTYM8&fmt=22[/media]

Team Gaffa Machinima Tool
    Lastly I would like to mention that we created a new tool to make life with BattleRecorder a bit easier, with a GUI and features such as batch rendering of recordings. If interested, you may read more about it, see screenshots and download it here:

See you on the battlefield!

Best regards
    Henrik aka Geemark
    Team Gaffa

Re: New film and new software tool

Nice work with both

Comment

Loved it. Nice simple editing and some great acting in some of the scenes.

Comment

Made me lol, hope your happy :rawr

Comment

haha great movie!

But what is the difference between your "Machinima Tool" and battledirector?

Comment

Awesome video! I loved the cat in the ammo bag at the end.

Comment

Thanks guys - appreciate it

Originally posted by Lemon View Post
              But what is the difference between your "Machinima Tool" and battledirector?
              We originally designed our tool just to do the batch rendering, because Battledirector cannot do that. That is, pick a number of time-consuming rendering tasks, and let Machinima Tool run them one by one until they are all done, auto-selecting the encoding codec etc.

However, from that, the tool had a few additional features added. In particular, we needed a way to actually browse and select the camera paths to put in the rendering queue, and from there the remaining few features just popped in from convenience.

It may appear that the applications are much the same, but that mostly stems from the fact, that both are a frontend to the same tool (Battlerecorder), and besides from a few tricks here and there, both tools can offer the user only what Battlerecorder/BF2 is capable of doing - hence the very similar features.

Comment

Alright sounds good! Great job. I'll download it and try it out.

Comment

Working...
                X