Who agrees with this!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who agrees with this!?

Personally i think its a load of bull. There are a lot of PC games that revolutionized the FPS genre, HL1 anybody?

Re: Who agrees with this!?

Must have been written by a 12 year old because there were other games before Halo, they werent online but they were there way before. Like Doom or Duke nukem even the first UT was online and release a full two years before Halo and it was massive.

Comment

Halo fanboi

jk, he has a point. If you read the last part he says he's talking about console shooters although it isn't very clear in the rest of the article. Halo made a big impact in the console FPS market, even if I personally find nothing exciting about the game. I wouldn't go as far as call it "revolutionizing" though because... well there was pretty much nothing Halo did another FPS hadn't already done

Comment

Goldeneye and Perfect Dark best first generation FPS for the consoles multiplayer wise.

Comment

hes talking about consoles so it makes sense, you can sell any type of **** game including Halo and the smacktards on the 360 will lap it up

and yer Goldeneye and Perfect Dark were better imo and did way more for multiplayer, they just lacked internet services

Comment

I couldn't finish that 7th grade essay. It was beginning to melt my brain with it's redundancies, inconsistencies and horrible grammar.

Comment

Although Halo is a small drop in the bucket in the history of First Person Shooters, it did bring about a revolution for console gaming. It might have been a pretty average FPS as far as old school FPS fans go but it was the first major FPS gaming experience on consoles that brought console FPS away from dinky little corridor crawlers into large open warzones with decent, smooth graphics and fun gameplay to boot.

Halo brought FPS to the mainstream (for better or for worse) so yea, although this article is complete hogwash, Halo shouldn't simply be overlooked because of it being an average shooter by FPS/PC standards. It should be meritted for what it has done for console gaming.

Comment

OMG, it's Deesies!

Comment

If you read the last part he says he's talking about console shooters although it isn't very clear in the rest of the article.
                  It feels tacked on and I can't help but wonder if he added that after he started getting flack.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle101 View Post
                    http://www.hiphopgamershow.com/?p=3038

Personally i think its a load of bull. There are a lot of PC games that revolutionized the FPS genre, HL1 anybody?
                    hip hop gamer show
                    They're just trying to appeal to all the rap-loving douches that don't know anything about gaming.

Comment

They're just trying to appeal to all the rap-loving douches that don't know anything about anything.
                      Fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Spik3d
                        They're just trying to appeal to all the rap-loving douches that don't know anything about gaming.
                        We should make a rap about TGN and broadcast it on Xbox Live.

Comment

Working...
                        X