Is it me or you too?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it me or you too?

Is it just me cos i feel betrayed by Treyarch . They havent relesed the patch 1.2 yet and I its really killing the fact that i cant play due to "Server Authentication Failure" and neither can my friends. We also have alot of problems. Compared to IW's support in cod4 There was a patch like every 2 weeks. Its been 2 months and there hasnt been a patch yet. Is anyone else feeling the same?

Re: Is it me or you too?

Betrayed: To lead astray; deceive

They don't really owe you anything. You buy the game as an "as is" product, they do not promise patches.

Anyway, everyone knows there is a stupidly simple fix to the server authentication problem. Just log in and out and it works.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk View Post

They don't really owe you anything. You buy the game as an "as is" product, they do not promise patches.

Anyway, everyone knows there is a stupidly simple fix to the server authentication problem. Just log in and out and it works.
      Owned.

Comment

Originally posted by Namakan View Post
        Owned.
        :laugh: nice

A nice view to cod 5 is this... its crap.

It wasn't made by the original dudes, and when that happens everything goes to hell.

Go back to infinity ward, activision, at least they made a semi-decent game

Comment

Nah I don't feel betrayed. I never expected Treyarch to be anywhere close to IW.

Comment

Treyarch did screw up majorly with some stuff but overall it's a fairly solid game. I never bought it though.

Comment

Nah, i'd rather Treyarch made the next one. Simply because CoD:WaW is better than CoD4 in my opinion

Comment

^^

And that's why you should never be a game designer.

Comment

Ba dum tsh!

Comment

I took a wrong turn into the Battlefield forums....

WW has better options and features that 4 should have had. WW has some of the same bugs 4 did when it was first released. The two dev teams obviously didnt talk to each other.

I dont feel jipped and still think WW is a great game. 4 is a great game also, especially after 7 patches.

Crunch
                    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Someone told me a simpler fix about the server authentication failure that kept happening. Instead of doing the log on, refresh, fail, quit game, come back, select server and go, there is a better way. Double click your game icon, and just wait a little bit of time before 'finding a game' and I have no probs. Takes less time then the other method above.

Oh, and I agree also, the game is sold 'as-is'. I think this blackout deal is funny b/c I don't see anywhere on my game box where is says, "[insert number here] amount of patches will be released for this game." Do I want the patch, hell yeah, but I worked on a mod team before and I know how some things can take longer than expected and it's not easy knowing tons of people are waiting for your creation. You want to give them the best you can do, but there is also the 'people's patience' time restraint.

What good would a rushed patch do, but be broken and piss people off even more? People need to pick the thongs out of their valley and simma down.

And as Crunch said, CoD4 has had many patches to get it where it's at today. A lot of people 'praise' IW now, BUT, it was quite a different story when their game was only out for a short while also. A lot of gamers have short memories though.

Comment

I believe CoD4 was at 1.4 before Christmas, and 1.5 early February. The next patches were in June with the new maps.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk View Post

True, However when we buy this "as is" game we expect it to work.. If it doesn't work it becomes just like any other faulty product you buy, the company has to either fix it or replace it..

I know this concept isn't enforced as strictly when it comes to video games but it does show good character on the developers behalf to put the effort in and make sure the game and its features work.

As JoMaMaz said it does take time to realease a decent patch but have they atleast released word of a patch and its proposed fixes?

Comment

Originally posted by CrAzY eYeD cAt =^O.o^=
                            As Iwantcable said it does take time to realease a decent patch but have they atleast released word of a patch and its proposed fixes?
                            Yep. It's been posted and updated in the News section many times.

Comment

Originally posted by CrAzY eYeD cAt =^O.o^=
                              I know this concept isn't enforced as strictly when it comes to video games but it does show good character on the developers behalf to put the effort in and make sure the game and its features work.
                              I agree with you there.

Also, here was the updated patch news not too long ago:
                              Homepage for Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation. Get the latest video game news, previews, and reviews on a daily basis.

Comment

Working...
                              X