Will this computer run BF2 smoothly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this computer run BF2 smoothly?

Hey I was orignally planning on getting a computer from palicomp.co.uk but researched it and found alot of negative feedback about them. So I'm turning to Novatech which Ive heard nothing but good feedback about. Now I'm wondering if this computer I have my eye will run BF2 nicely. link is here:-

altenatively cheaper and more preferable for my price range is this one, will this run bf2? :-

thanks

Re: Will this computer run BF2 smoothly?

Yeah, it should run it fine. You will have to contact them to see what it comes with, but looking at the price I would guess it doesn’t.

Comment

Yeah, I just spoke to a sales advisor online and he says that it doesn't come with a monitor but it does come with a mouse and keyboard, but I'll have to get a monitor elsewhere, I should be able to pick one up for free from a family member but it wil have to be a crt monitor. Does anyone know where i can get a cheap tft monitor?

Comment

How much are you willing to spend on a TFT?

I’ve just bought a Samsung SM2443BW 24” for £215.00 all in. just have a good look around out there you will find plenty of bargains.

Try http://www.ebuyer.com/store/Sound-&-Vision/cat/Monitors

I would stick with your first choice!

Comment

The first one should be ok for bf2. I don't no how good the nvidia 9500gt is but should run bf2 ok.

The second one has integrated graphics , not good for gaming

Comment

Originally posted by Basil. View Post
            The first one should be ok for bf2. I don't no how good the nvidia 9500gt is but should run bf2 ok.

The second one has integrated graphics , not good for gaming
            Well it's a 1GB card and BF2 requires 512mb, so I'm hoping its good. If not, the main reason I'm buying a new computer is for gaming so I could always pick up a better one. Same with the Ram I'll definately be getting another 2Gb of RAM seperatly.
            Thanks guys

Comment

did you ever think about building your pc yourself.. its pretty easy nowadays. lots of good guids. also we have a bunch of good guys over at the tech center that will help you out.

its newer games that the 9500gt might struggle with. like you said, you can always upgrade down the road.

stop over the tech center tell them your budget and see what they can do for you.

best of luck

Comment

Originally posted by reliefwithbeef View Post
                Well it's a 1GB card and BF2 requires 512mb, so I'm hoping its good. If not, the main reason I'm buying a new computer is for gaming so I could always pick up a better one. Same with the Ram I'll definately be getting another 2Gb of RAM seperatly.
                Actually, a 256MB GPU will run BF2 just fine. 512MB and above is just icing on the cake.

Even the 2GB RAM is acceptable for BF2 (the game was made in 2005); if you want to play any of the newer titles tho, definitely get that RAM upgraded.

Comment

if your going to get 2 more gigs of ram down the road make sure you get 64bit os. A 32bit os will not see all of your memory

Comment

This is the 9500gt with a 3 gig core 2 running cod4 (nearest comparison I could find)

The 1 gig card will produce very little difference over the 512 card (as long as they are clocked at the same speeds).

Comment

Working...
                    X