Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• comming back but have problems

Hi all
    I am currently trying to kill my computer since i can't reinstall BF2 and the SFexpansion.
    I used to play on this computer before only diffrence now is that i have more ram (hehe)

When i try to install i come all the way up to accept the EULA and then i get this message:

"Setup has detected a possible infinite loop in the script with function WaitOnDialog. Make sure you are handling the error return codes properly.

Error 440."

anyone that knows a sollution on this problem? i would love the help and get back in the game

Re: comming back but have problems

sounds like maybe some installshield stuff left over on your computer is corrupt. I would try doing a manual uninstall before installing. That will get rid of the old installshield stuff.

manual bf2 uninstall: http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg...p?p_faqid=8986
    manual SF uninstall: http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg...?p_faqid=11150
    "Crunch's First Officer"
    twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Thanks that worked .. but now i have problems installing SF..
      there are 2 problems and they differ from time to time...

first one is that SF can't find that i have installed BF and says that i need to install BF first (installed in default place)
      (stupid puter, i have done that one .. i can get online and all such .. why can't you find it? )
      could it be that i have windows on my D: drive and not on C: ?

the other problem is from time to time that i start installation, when the nvidiacomersial is gone a box comes up with ! within a triangle and a OK box to click .. no faulty mess or something more that that .. if i click ok i exit installation.

Comment

Just make sure they are both installed on the same hard drive and it should work.

Comment

Working...
        X