Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you target your enemy - Head shots or chest shots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you target your enemy - Head shots or chest shots?

Since my early FPS days I've been taking aim for chest shots, from my days in Counter Strike on I neglected head shots. I figured I'm more likely to get the hits if I aim for a larger area, even though it takes more damage do down an opponent I have a higher chance of making those shots hit.

I have begun to reevaluate this and wonder what you guys think? Go for the more damaging yet risky head shot or the less damaging easier chest shot?

Re: Where do you target your enemy - Head shots or chest shots?

I aim for the chest because I suck, and because headshots are as likely to kill in bf2 as it is likely to snow in hell.

Comment

When I used to play infantry regularly, once I switched from shooting at the chest to shooting at the head, my game improved massively. Granted, I was never more than mediocre, but head shots are definitely the way to go.

It's especially easy with the AK-101 at short range, just aim at the enemy's head and hold the trigger.

Comment

Always gone for the chest shot, figuring as long as I hit him first, I can hopefully throw off his aim and/or make him panic enough to take him out.

The only time I purposefully aim for the head right away is when playing as a Sniper, but that is pretty much SOP..

Comment

personally i like HEAD :thumbsup:

Comment

Depends which weapon in my honest opinion. if its a pistol I choose my shots and go for the two shot head shot aproach, I other wise do aim for the head primaraly but if it looks like its going to get me killed trying to get the head and miss I go for the body.

Also If I am a sniper I always go for the head, I mean whats the point in shooting your target just so he can run off and heal himself (typical Karky) I know you can get a kill steal sometimes of some poor sod who was shooting that guy but I don't feel like being mean

Comment

If I'm playing Project Reality, Insurgency for HL2, or any other realism-based game, I always aim for the chest. Those games will often allow you to drop a target with one well placed round to the chest. As other posters have said, the reason is pretty obvious. The target is larger, and the recoil may help you place a round to the head.

BF2 is different though. I usually aim for the head or the upper-chest/neck at the lowest. Usually depending on the gun's kick and spread. If I'm using an RPD or something, the neck/upper-chest is usually the go. A L85A1, however, usually works well aiming straight at the head.

Comment

Aim for the neck. So if you miss your bullets get body shot.

Head shots are vital though. On karkand the difference between people who aim for the head and aim for the chest is the difference between a good player and a unskilled player.

Comment

I usually aim for the upper chest/neck so the recoil can pull up for a headshot if your lucky. Sniping always the head unless i can onlyu see some other part of the target legs/feet etc :evil:

Comment

BF2 has such random weapon deviation I find it best to aim at the neck at most times. Most shots will hit the chest and a few hits the head. Mission accomplished.

In 2142 or games where the spread isn't as random, always headshots.

Comment

I can't help but revert to conditioning: high center-mass is the target. But, if you're talking about sniping, then it's a neck/head shot for sure. Semi-auto or full-auto weapons I aim low for the first round and let the recoil deliver the subsequent rounds higher on the target.

Hooah.

Comment

Comment

Does spray and pray ring a bell

As Mel Gibson says to his sons in Patriot.
                          "Aim small... miss small"

Comment

Really interesting question, when I first started this game I started with chest shots, as I got better I moved to head shots, especially while sniping. I couldn't focus on hitting the head, the game moved to fast for me, but after a while I got use to it. Mind you the same thing happened almost a decade earlier with Q3A, just a matter of time till you get use to the game. Now a days I'm back to chess, but mainly that's because I only play COD4 on hardcore mode and the chess will take them down just as fast as the head.

Comment

I only play as sniper class so headshots are the best option..

Comment

Working...
                              X