Beat the hackers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beat the hackers

I had an idea to get rid of the kids and cheats off BF. How about make it subscription based but full refund!

Each month your cc or debit card gets charged say 100 dollars (whatever 50 40 etc) but you can ask for a refund at any time and it just gets debited back to your card. While they have your money you can play as much as you like on servers, (there would need to be more official ones with impartial well meaning admins (haha).

Then if you are caught using hacks you lose your deposit.

It would make it a more mature (if thats at all possible ) game with no 13 year olds etc and people might think twice before installing hacks if they stand the chance of losing deposits repeatedly.

Just an idea. After all subscription based games are shown to work and be massive albeit they are designed in a way kids can purchase subs via games shops. This would work on a mature rated game with extra blood and hand to hand gore

Re: Beat the hackers

I thought you where gonna talk about using a big stick!! utemup:

Seriously no comapny is going to do that as it would be a logistical and financial nightmare to setup and run. Nice idea though but badly flawed.

Comment

That would be an absolute financial nightmare. Plus, a lot of people don't have £60 to drop on a game each month.

Secondly, there have been cases of false positives on PB, imagine what would happen if that happened and they didn't get unbanned. £60 down the drain.

Comment

This would never work, you have to do some basic math here, most people are paying anywhere from 50-100 dollars a month just for their internet connection, depending on they company and speed they are running at, than to pay another 100 dollars a month just to play the game, is INSANE, sure you got the die hard gamers, that would probably pay it, but if you have noticed it is already hard enough to find a decent server with mature admins running it anyways. Add the 100 dollar a month charge to play it, you would be playing 5 on 5 matches, or less, sitting in a server with 5 people in it, waiting for that 6th that will never join, cuz he could not pay his BF2 bill for the month.

ROFL, I could see it now though, people would be pawning off their ****, just to be able to play BF2 for the month..

FAIL PLAN, Especially with the economy taking a **** on us.. here pretty soon, the only job not laying people off will be the military..

Comment

I heard BF3 was going to be subscription based.....snicker snicker

Comment

I guessed that it would meet with complications lol

One thing though. Its a one off subscription not a monthly charge. Pay 60 dollars (for example) when you buy the game and thats held on trust earning lubbly interest for EA of course (which pays for official servers in every country (yay).

Then when you get fed up with the game appl for a refund which cancels your key code and puts all soldiers registered to that name on ice. For some people the refund would come sooner than others.. lol.

The idea is that hackers and morons might play more honestly with less asshatting such as tking glitching stat padding if there was the possibility they would loose their money AND not get to play on official or ranked servers.

And as far as false PB claims.... How many have actually been false that have not been rectified. PB and EA could even offer a 20% self imposed penalty refund to anyone wrongly accused.

Lets look at the math as clements suggested. say 100k purchases with a 30 dollar one of sub. Thats 3 million. say 5% interest pa thats 150k pa thats a huge load of servers!

Anyway. Not going to happen but an idea for BF9 hehe.

Comment

Sound really really really stupid to me.

This is my idea

Now if PB or someone had lots of money they should go out there buy the latest hacks and find a way to block them and as soon as a new hack comes out do the same thing,And just keep repeating this step over and over.

They don't have to buy hacks from all sites just the biggest ones out there.

Comment

Originally posted by notodd1991 View Post
                Sound really really really stupid to me.

This is my idea

Now if PB or someone had lots of money they should go out there buy the latest hacks and find a way to block them and as soon as a new hack comes out do the same thing,And just keep repeating this step over and over.

They don't have to buy hacks from all sites just the biggest ones out there.
                I'm pretty sure that's how they do it already.

Comment

Yeah, that's what they do. But it can take a few days to reverse engineer them and when they do, the code gets altered slightly so they are undetectable again.

Comment

Oh i did not know that.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk View Post
                      Yeah, that's what they do. But it can take a few days to reverse engineer them and when they do, the code gets altered slightly so they are undetectable again.
                      They actually say they will never purchase a hack. They rely upon people submitting them.

Comment

Ok. They have dedicated people who purchase and submit them Come on, you know that and so do I. Businesses say a lot of things.

Comment

Agreed. There is a rule never buy haks to try them so you know what your up against sort of thing. I think they say that to make a sort of role model... Doesn't wash though. Like most lies theres always an element of truth. For example PB and associate companies don't use their own funds but maybe the dedicated people that help run the companies buy it on their own credit card paypal accounts etc.

Comment

my genuine no 1 in australia 4 star account just got hacked a few days ago

im now like minus 9 million points or something and at the bottom of the leaderboard :|:

help

Comment

Working...
                            X