Hard crash with Vista x64.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hard crash with Vista x64.

Just to keep you guys up to date and maybe help those with the same problems.

Yesterday I was able to play 2 full games again, and it was only the 3th game where it crashed again. So it definitely made things better using the "Htm file erase" method.

Comment

Originally posted by Itineris View Post
      Yeah local games run perfect, and also games that have not started yet can be played without any crashes.

I found this on the official EA forum :

This is the Cure that fixed my System.
      1. Goto x:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2142 Deluxe Edition\pb\htm
      2. Remove all the file from the "htm" Directory
      3. Download pbsetup.exe from http://www.punkbuster.com/index.php?page=pbsetup. php
      4. Run pbsetup.exe and update your bf2142, you should now find 9 files in the htm. Directory
      5. Go online and have fun.

I tried it out and I actually was able to finish 2 Titan games on a 64 player server. So I can say it works for now, I have the feeling the problem will return to me though. If it will or not I will still report here

Please let me know if this works for you.
      Will try sometime this week, tonight if possible. I don't have deluxe but it should be the same stuff.

Comment

It does make you able to play a lot longer, but it doesn't completely fix the problem. I'm able to get 2 to 3 full rounds before I have to repeat this method.

I also don't have the Deluxe version btw.

Comment

Originally posted by This is madness. Madness? THIS IS SPARTAAA!!! View Post
          It does make you able to play a lot longer, but it doesn't completely fix the problem. I'm able to get 2 to 3 full rounds before I have to repeat this method.

I also don't have the Deluxe version btw.
          I didn't try your fix since I tried updating PB last week with no results. BUT I did try something else that may or may not have been the problem. I noticed that Google's internet browser CHROME made itself the default browser, after switching it back to I.E. my game last night played through 2 rounds perfectly. I didn't have time to play a third...

I'm hoping that's what it was I seriously doubt it but that's what I'm going with for now. :thumbsup:

Comment

Working...
          X