Help I cant get my computer on!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help I cant get my computer on!!

I was taking out a graphics card from my computer and in my haste I forgot that my computer was in sleep mode when I cut the power to it. Now when I try to start my computer a message comes up saying that it was improperly shut off and all information that was not saved will be lost, ENTER=continue, no big deal right? Wrong for some reason I can not press enter on my keyboard even though it is lit up and has power. It is a USB keyboard so I thought that that might be the issue so I got a PS/2 adapter for the keyboard and plugged it into the keyboard port, but it still does not work, and if I cant press any keys on the keyboard how do I move past that screen and start my computer up. Any help would be much apperciated. Thanks.

Re: Help I cant get my computer on!!

Is the message in Windows or part of the BIOS?

Comment

Also, if you have a USB keyboard, but it is not a USB/PS2 keyboard, an adapter wont work.

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I believe that it is in the BIOS

Comment

Usually a straight PS/2 keyboard will work. Have you ever reset the CMOS? It's not like the old days where you have to pull the battery out and put it back in. Many mobos now have a little 'cap' on top of two pins, that you simply remove for like 30 seconds, then put back on or put on another set of pins, then put back. That resets the CMOS and you will then have to put back in any custom BIOS settings you had.

Also, some times a soft reset works. Turn off your power supply, unplug your cord, and leave it that way for a while, then plug it back in and turn it on. That has worked for me before and others. There is a huge chunk of hours to do it correctly, but I think it can be done in a shorter time.

Any more details that we can help with, let us know. Hopefully you can get it fixed soon.

Comment

Working...
          X