BF2 in Beta Windows 7 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 in Beta Windows 7 ?

Anyone else try it? I get a PB error and kick after being in online multiplayer after a couple of minutes. API unknown of some sort, at work now so I don't have the exact error. This is running it with administrator rights.

Re: BF2 in Beta Windows 7 ?

Have you manually updated PB? I could install and start it but didn't really play for a long since I didnt like how my Xfi sounds in W7

Comment

I updated the PB, and tried to run in XP compatable mode. No luck though.

Just curious if anyone else has had success...

Not a big deal really, just trying for Sh!ts and Giggles

Comment

Other than the issue with BF2, is it worth it to install the Windows 7 Beta? Anything cool about it?

Comment

Iirc, Punkbuster won´t support windows 7 until full release.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex6714 View Post
            Iirc, Punkbuster won´t support windows 7 until full release.
            Bingo. Punkbuster doesn't recognize the OS of Windows 7 and therefore it throws that API error. I know; it happened during the Vista beta when I tried playing Wolfenstein: ET on Vista Beta and RC.

Comment

Punkbuster released a statement saying they will not support beta operating systems. Win7 falls into this area!

Comment

Originally posted by impulseSV View Post
                Other than the issue with BF2, is it worth it to install the Windows 7 Beta? Anything cool about it?

Seems to be quicker and more responsive than Vista, I have not really played with it too much other than installing BF2 on it.

I will probably try and spend more time on it soon.

Comment

i've heard alot of good things about Windows 7, a friend of mine told me its like a faster vista that takes less resources, if the final version of W7 is like that, i'll have a reason to leave good old XP to retirement.

i havent really tested it myself because i want to try it on a separate HDD, and my spare 320GB one is getting repaired on Seagate :P

as soon as i get it back i'll try W7 beta out.

btw, its a bummer that punkbuster doesnt support beta OS's.

Comment

I was hoping that Windows 7 was going to be a smaller/different kernel. Instead they put in the 2008 server in it. But I am still jazzed about it. Will it support DX11 or is that going to be a separate release? I might try running it in VMware.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk View Post
                      Punkbuster released a statement saying they will not support beta operating systems. Win7 falls into this area!
                      oh course not. How can they support beta when they cant even properly support releases they have out now? This is what happens when you have a company that doesn't have to answer to anyone.
                      "Crunch's First Officer"
                      twitter: @signaprime

Comment

exactly, they don't even work right on released OS's let alone beta...

Comment

In reality, when they say no support for beta OS's it means they will not provide technical support to customers on that OS. There are still far too many bugs in order to be able to troubleshoot efficiently.

Plus, PB works fine on Windows7 as it is, like most Win Vista apps do.

Comment

Couldn't you change whatever string it's checking from 'windows 7 beta' to 'windows XP' or 'windoze vista'? I think it's worth a try.

Comment

Working...
                            X