Quick question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question?

Is there any way to tell if a server is running with tanks available without joining the server? Little help will save me a lot of time. Thanks

Re: Quick question?

I think it would have to be mentioned as part of the server title. I don't think you can determine it any other way.

I was a huge proponent of including tanks in this game. However, now after playing these past few months with them I've come to hate them. They are just too powerful. It takes about 6 bazooka rounds to blow one up, that is ridiculous. Whether that is realistic or not doesn't matter, what matters is the gameplay being dominated by the team that has the tanks, especially when the enemy is able to capture some of the friendly tanks.

One quick fix would be to not allow enemies the ability to drive friendly tanks like in Red Orchestra.

Comment

Originally posted by Roamer View Post
      I think it would have to be mentioned as part of the server title. I don't think you can determine it any other way.

I was a huge proponent of including tanks in this game. However, now after playing these past few months with them I've come to hate them. They are just too powerful. It takes about 6 bazooka rounds to blow one up, that is ridiculous. Whether that is realistic or not doesn't matter, what matters is the gameplay being dominated by the team that has the tanks, especially when the enemy is able to capture some of the friendly tanks.

One quick fix would be to not allow enemies the ability to drive friendly tanks like in Red Orchestra.
      First to the OP:

I dont think there is a way.

To Roamer:

I can destroy a tank anywhere with two satchel charges, by myself. If ANY tank is taking 6 bazooka shots to destroy then you are playing on a server that modified its health.

Tanks are not overpowered and easy to take down. Now I am inspired to make a tank busting movie just to show everyone.

Maybe I will do that.

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Please do that Crunch, i would actually be genuinely interested to see someone take them down reliably, My usual option is to hide, but that might be because the majority of my kits include a rifle and bandoleer lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Flamesfan_21 View Post
          Please do that Crunch, i would actually be genuinely interested to see someone take them down reliably, My usual option is to hide, but that might be because the majority of my kits include a rifle and bandoleer lol.
          LOL, alright, I will see what i can do. Im terrible with making videos though, but I can get the idea across

Crunch

Comment

Where do you throw the satchel charges? I've been in a tank and survived multiple attacks from both satchels and bazookas on varied servers. I thought there was no ability, yet, to affect the health of the tanks.

Comment

Originally posted by 270Matt View Post
              Is there any way to tell if a server is running with tanks available without joining the server? Little help will save me a lot of time. Thanks
              Matty... Long time... Get on X Fire sometime..

Comment

Where do you throw the satchel charges? I've been in a tank and survived multiple attacks from both satchels and bazookas on varied servers. I thought there was no ability, yet, to affect the health of the tanks.
                Its supposed to be a 1 hit kill if you detonate the satchel underneath the tank, so you have to force the tank to drive across your satchel or set them as a trap, never done it myself but it is possible apparently.

Theres no ability to buff the health of a tank, but that doesn't stop server owners modifying the server to give the tank additional health (done by changing the config or something, don't ask me im not a server owner lol).

Comment

I know that you CAN increase the damage of the explosive weapons but that has its own set of attendant balance issues. Meaning that if you up the explosive power of the satchel then you also are inadvertently making it devastating as a super grenade vs other infantry.

Flame, I'll have to try the satchel on the ground trick, thanks for the heads up.

Comment

the tank is the most weak underneath but thats really hard to get to almost all the time since tanks see in 3rd person and can see everything. the back is the next vulnerable, and the most common spot to go for. you should just keep an Anti-Tank kit for all the tank maps. make it with satchel,(better than bazooka) fireworks, and extreme cond. just chunk a smoke then sprint up and lay some satchels on the back and run:thumbsup:

Comment

Ok, thanks guys. If anyone from Infinity Ward/ Activision reads this, little help. I bought this game to try out the new material, tanks. How about you help out and put a little tank in the server lists.

Comment

Originally posted by 270Matt View Post
                        Is there any way to tell if a server is running with tanks available without joining the server? Little help will save me a lot of time.
                        There's no current 100% reliable way, as far as I know. But this can help increase your odds a fair bit:

- there are only 4 maps that use tanks: Roundhouse, Seelow, Outskirts, & Downfall
                        - after you do a refresh of the server browser to get updated info, click on the "Map" column to sort by what map is being played.
                        - scroll through the list of servers until you come to the 4 maps above.
                        - make a quick note of the name of the server before you join it. Then join the game, and if it's running tanks, when you finally quit out, add the server to your favorites so that you can go back to it later if you wish.

- most servers that I've come across are using tanks on those maps, so you shouldn't have too much trouble finding plenty as well.

Comment

i think tanks might be in the server info at the bottom but i havent looked yet.(i usually only look there for IP) ive only seen 2 servers that say NO TANKS so if the server info doesnt work then youll just have to check when you get in the server

Comment

Originally posted by Flamesfan_21 View Post
                            Homepage for Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation. Get the latest video game news, previews, and reviews on a daily basis.

Crunch

Comment

Working...
                            X