Army stock weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Army stock weapons

Am I the only one who finds it annoying how Insurgents, Rebels, Spetznaz, and MEC all use the same weapons? MEC and Russia I can understand, since MEC is probably allied with Russia and buying their stuff, but Insurgents and Rebels have better equipment than China? The AK-47 should've been saved for Insurgents and Rebels while China assault/medic get the QBZ-95 with a L85-type scope. There's no China infantry maps anyways so they wouldn't have to sacrifice much.

Just my thoughts, any opinions?

Re: Army stock weapons

DICE got lazy which lead them to copy and paste the weapons when making more factions? that's what I think lol

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts View Post
      Am I the only one who finds it annoying how Insurgents, Rebels, Spetznaz, and MEC all use the same weapons? MEC and Russia I can understand, since MEC is probably allied with Russia and buying their stuff, but Insurgents and Rebels have better equipment than China? The AK-47 should've been saved for Insurgents and Rebels while China assault/medic get the QBZ-95 with a L85-type scope. There's no China infantry maps anyways so they wouldn't have to sacrifice much.

Just my thoughts, any opinions?
      Chinese infantry map in the next patch.

Comment

WTF are you talking about Ak47 ( Chinky army as u put it ) has the best gun on the game AK47 kicks some serious G36e but if you knwo how to use it .

Comment

Originally posted by Bald-Eagle11 View Post
          WTF are you talking about Ak47 ( Chinky army as u put it ) has the best gun on the game AK47 kicks some serious G36e but if you knwo how to use it .
          Accept its actually a chinese Type-56 not a Russian AK47

Comment

The type56 is effectively a Chinese clone of the AK-47, but has small improvements to it (in real life).

Comment

IMO AK101 = Best vanilla Assault Rifle in BF2.

Comment

I think you just missed the point.

Comment

i prefer the M16A2 in Single shot.

Comment

There are a lot of missed points in this thread...

Comment

Originally posted by bald-eagle11 View Post
                      wtf are you talking about ak47 ( chinky army as u put it ) has the best gun on the game ak47 kicks some serious g36e but if you knwo how to use it .
                      Originally posted by third-eye View Post
                      imo ak101 = best vanilla assault rifle in bf2.
                      Originally posted by sike View Post
                      i prefer the m16a2 in single shot.
                      ............................................______ __........................
                      ....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,..................
                      .............................,.-”...................................“-.,............
                      .........................,/...............................................”:, ........
                      .....................,?........................... ...........................\,.....
                      .................../.................................................. .........,}....
                      ................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}....
                      .............../.................................................. .,:”........./.....
                      ..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../.....
                      ............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../........
                      .........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`..... ..._/...........
                      ..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}...........
                      ...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../............
                      ...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`..... }............../.............
                      ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”...............
                      ............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\...................
                      .............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__...........
                      ,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|........... ...`=~-,....
                      .....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\... .....................
                      ...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\............. ..........
                      ................................`:,,.............. .............`\..............__..
                      .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``.......
                      ........................................_\........ ..._,-%.......`\...............
                      ...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\..............

Comment

im pretty sure he is saying that there is no variety with the factions, not what weapon is better. i totally agree. even with spetz they should have given them abakans and AK74's (if possbile) and given the rebels some other ak instead of having the exact same weapons as a special forces group

Comment

Isn't the special forces group stock weapon the AK-74? Or am i remember wrongly?

Comment

What? Am I not allowed to comment on my weapon of choice even though it's not really on topic? Bah!

BF2 is set slight in the future right? So who is to say that Rebels or Insurgents don't have access to "slightly modern" weapons"? Yeah sure, it would possibly make more sense for Insurgents to have Ak's since they are cheap and plentiful, but that doesn't mean they always use them. I've seen pictures and video from Iraq where they show captured weapons. Among those weapons were M16s/M4s, G3s, Dragunovs, M249 or something similar (couldnt really tell from the video) and some modern looking weapons I've never seen before.

So while I stand by my previous comment even if it was not on topic, this post is.

Comment

The real Russian army is still using the AK-74M.

I suppose in the slight future, insurgents may be able to get more modern weapons, but AK-101s are pushing it imo. Why not 47s or 74s? Surely those would be easier to obtain?

And as stated before, the AK-47 (or 74 if they ever would put it in the game) isn't necessary worse than the 101, so gameplay wouldn't be unbalanced and we would have more variety in the guns.

Originally posted by Alex98uk View Post
                              Isn't the special forces group stock weapon the AK-74? Or am i remember wrongly?
                              Spetznaz, MECSF, Insurgents, and Rebels all get AK-101 as stock rifles.

Comment

Working...
                              X