Switching kits and etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching kits and etc

I am a very avid kit switcher in that if I see a kit from a dead soldier laying around I'll pretty much always pick it up and see what he got for me to abuse ^^ If I'm playing medic I might get a support kit so I drop an ammo hub on the ground and gets some extra points while I help my team. Same if I'm playing support, drop a med hub on the ground and see the points come rolling in

I know the ammo hub stays when you switch back to your medic kit, but what about APM's or so? If I pick up a sniper kit and uses his sniper decoy, will it still be effective when I switch to my old kit again? Could I technically use 4 APM's at once? These things are a bit hard to test so I just wondered if anyone knows something good to know.

Cheers

Re: Switching kits and etc

APMs/Decoys disappear when the kit disappears, so if you put it back down, after say 15 seconds it fades, the APMs/Decoy goes away too

Comment

Actually in my testing, they stay for 60 seconds after the kit disappears, so if you drop an APM, then switch kits, 30 seconds later the kit disappears, and then I believe 30 or 60 seconds after that (I forget which...been a while since I tested this) the APMs/MMs/etc. will disappear.

Edit: And actually it's not that hard to test at all. Just create a LAN game and try it out. Pick Recon and APMs, go drop them, suicide, then respawn as Recon, drop two more APMs, and wait. Once the first kit disappears, which IIRC is 30 seconds after it's dropped on the ground, count how long it takes for the APMs to disappear. You can also keep the APMs indefinitely as long as you continuously swap kits to refresh their timer. I believe without refreshing kits I was able to get a total of 8 APMs out at once before the first ones disappeared. Given a 15 second respawn timer and figuring it takes me 5-10 seconds to spawn, drop the APMs, then suicide, that's about 80-90 seconds before the first ones I dropped (and then suicided) begin to disappear, which would make it a full minute after the kit disappears before the explosives do.

Comment

would rdx remain too? because it would be no use unless someone blows them up with a zeller or mmb and mm.

also i seem to crash more often than usual if i run around with a picked up kit, which keeps me sometimes away from switching. but if you are a good switcher you can rack up 30 kills pretty quick(sniper+shotgun+krylov gives ownage,+ you have ids and sentry watching your back) and if it was a good sniper, with apm and rdx, you can rdx jump people and mine them, infinitelly as you have ammo. i once made a 53-1 kd of that, but ofcourse my internet dropped out and when i fixed them pb kicked me out which added the dead count up to 10. I HATE PB ERRORS sometimes so much.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealWolfgang View Post
          Edit: And actually it's not that hard to test at all. Just create a LAN game and try it out. Pick Recon and APMs, go drop them, suicide, then respawn as Recon, drop two more APMs, and wait. Once the first kit disappears, which IIRC is 30 seconds after it's dropped on the ground, count how long it takes for the APMs to disappear. You can also keep the APMs indefinitely as long as you continuously swap kits to refresh their timer. I believe without refreshing kits I was able to get a total of 8 APMs out at once before the first ones disappeared. Given a 15 second respawn timer and figuring it takes me 5-10 seconds to spawn, drop the APMs, then suicide, that's about 80-90 seconds before the first ones I dropped (and then suicided) begin to disappear, which would make it a full minute after the kit disappears before the explosives do.
          Good point Maybe it wasn't so hard after all

Thanks for the replies, just something I wondered about lol

Comment

Working...
          X