Black Screen in game then crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Screen in game then crash

Just come back to playing this game after a long 18 month break. However I've come across a problem. During a MP game, after about 5 mins, sometimes more, sometimes less the game freezes for about 5 seconds, then goes to a black screen and ultimately crashes. Upon returning to desktop I have a little yellow warning triangle in the bottom right of my screen, however when I click on it nothing happens! My desktop continues to black screen and return until I restart the PC. I have the latest V180.48 Nvidia driver, the 1.41 patch and have tried re-installing and manually updating punkbuster to no avail! Am running it in XP compat mode and as administrator, the game worked fine on this rig before this break. Any ideas??

Pc Spec
    QX 6700, 2x 8800GTX Sli'd, 4 Gb Ram and Vista 64Bit.

On past experience I believ the warning triangle is to do with drivers so will re-install and get back to you to let you know if that helps.

Cheers.

Re: Black Screen in game then crash

It could be the nvidia drivers, the last few versions don't work very well with BF. Try running the game with AA off, see if it makes a difference.

Comment

Will, try that thanks.

But I think I may have already found the cause. I had the same issue while cycling through the different screens on NvMonitor, and I think I this issue only started when I started to leave NvMonitor running in the background. Will try now with NvMonitor off and report back.

Comment

Disabling the NvMonitor seems to have done the trick

Comment

Working...
        X