• Show
Clear All

• Lagging During Firefights

What else to say-Everytime i engage the enemy in a lead toss i get a slowed
    frame rate or lag and i end up doing 180 degree spin arounds what causes
    this??
    Specs:Intel P4 3.2 Ghz;2GB Kingston DDR2 PC2-4300;
    GeForce 8800GT superclocked edition;Antec 500 Watt;
    WD 250GB;Hitachi 165GB;Vista Basic32, Latest drivers on everything installed,Avast! anti-
    virus installed,no conflicts, Windows Firewall configured,no conflicts,Use Smartclose to shut
    down unwanted processes, also Use Freeram XP Pro 1.52 in background while Fraging, Ingame video settings all maxed xcept 4 AntiAliasing(off),and lighting-med, have yet to deal with Mobo
    BIOS or video card BIOS :gob_icon_mrgreen:

Re: Lagging During Firefights

Code:
    also Use Freeram XP Pro 1.52 in background while Fraging
    I use to have diskeeper running in the background and had a similar problem, no defragging whilst gaming! Either that or some other service causing the problem.

Comment

u mite have to turn textures down to medium. for vista, 3gb is recommended, and for XP, 2gb is good for BF2. plus that P4 is a bottleneck but i doubt ull be able to upgrade it very well w/o having to get a new system.

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus View Post
        u mite have to turn textures down to medium. for vista, 3gb is recommended, and for XP, 2gb is good for BF2. plus that P4 is a bottleneck but i doubt ull be able to upgrade it very well w/o having to get a new system.
        P4 might be a bottleneck for new games, but it should tear through BF2 no probs. I don't think you're spec is an issue here.

Comment

I'd recommend going through your Video settings in-game and decreasing the settings for Dynamic Lights and Effects. Set both of those to Low while retaining the other settings and try it out to see if there is an improvement.

Another tip for performance increase is to defrag your drive weekly (set a schedule) and to delete your shaders cache. It will be rebuilt the next time you load a map. These two things have helped a ton of folks squeeze out a better experience.

I'm very suspicious of the benefits of Free Ram Pro... I'd turn that off while gaming.

Comment

Yes, defrag your hard drive and kill as many background tasks as you can before playing, I also think you are setting you settings slightly to high for your specs.

Comment

Working...
            X