remapping the console key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remapping the console key

Is there anyway to remap the console key, as I would like to use my knife more but have a habit of pressing the console key instead and end up eating lead all to often.

Re: remapping the console key

I believe you might be able to do it in the config files.

Comment

Could you be (alot) more specific as I'm not to up on BF2 config

Comment

Originally posted by The_Mad_MoShah View Post
        Is there anyway to remap the console key, as I would like to use my knife more but have a habit of pressing the console key instead and end up eating lead all to often.
        that happened to me all the time so I remapped my console and escape keys.

go into "my documents" / BF2 / profiles
        you should see folders named 0000,0001, etc. each one is a bf2 account you have. when you go into one of those folders open up profile.con in notepad to see what player name / account that is.

ok now that you found the account you want to change, go into the folder and open up controls.con in notepad.

scroll down near the bottom to this section:
        ControlMap.create defaultGameControlMap

I changed my console to F11, and escape to F12 and it looks like this:

ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_GIToggleConsole IDFKeyboard IDKey_F11 10000 0
        ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_GIEscape IDFKeyboard IDKey_F12 10000 0

after you edit, save file. done.
        "Crunch's First Officer"
        twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Why are you guys making it so complicated for him?

Just load up BF2, go to "options", then "controls" and look on the far right side of the "common controls" tab. It's under "miscellaneous" right at the bottom. I have mine mapped to "\" because I like using the tilde key (or "grave", as it's called in BF2) to call in vehicle/supply drops, artillery, squad position, etc.

Comment

It could be that easy, but honestly I couldn't remember if it was one of those where you could only do it by editing the con file. :hmm:
            "Crunch's First Officer"
            twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Same. I thought "console key", that's remotely noob unfriendly. Must be in config

Comment

Esc key is different, though. You need to edit the config for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomeis View Post
                  Why are you guys making it so complicated for him?

Just load up BF2, go to "options", then "controls" and look on the far right side of the "common controls" tab. It's under "miscellaneous" right at the bottom. I have mine mapped to "\" because I like using the tilde key (or "grave", as it's called in BF2) to call in vehicle/supply drops, artillery, squad position, etc.

That did the trick - many thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X