• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drum Hell 2: Guinness World Record Breaking Charity Event

As posted at the PMS | H2O Site.

-->Click Here for Direct Link<--

News Posted on 26th, December, 2008

Its one week until hell freezes over - Drum hell that is! Join us live from Canada on Jan 2nd as we bring you the event of the new year! Watch from the comfort of your own home as H2O Phr34k and H2O Someguy913 battle for a new world record!

It takes a special kind of skill, dedication, and maybe a touch of insanity, to do a video game marathon. But on January 2nd when Sean “H2O Phr34k” Feica and Calin “H2O Someguy913” Scoggins sit down and begin drumming through Rock Band 2 on expert to support the United Way Foundation, this performance will be in a league of its own.

The event is called Drum Hell 2, and the concept is simple. The two gamers will compete against each other side by side in the popular Xbox 360 video game title “Rock Band 2” on simulation drum kits. To date, the game has over 530 songs, and for this event Feica and Scoggins will be battling through every single one - on the most challenging difficulty available. In order to capture the world record and finish every song, they’ll need to rock out for up to 60 hours straight!

For those not familiar with the Rock Band video game, throughout each song, colored representing notes will fall vertically on the screen. The notes are derived from the audio track, and the drummers score points based on how accurately they play the falling notes. Missed notes distort the soundtrack, so in essence the drummers actually play the music. Many songs have thousands of notes, so both Feica and Scoggins will be testing the very limits of their endurance over the weekend.

The concept behind Drum Hell isn’t entirely new. Back in July, Feica, who goes by the nickname “H2O Phr34k”, decided to test his mental and physical stamina by running his first “Drum Hell” session, a marathon of 26 hours that took him through every available song (235 including downloadable content) in the original Rock Band title. As one of the top drummers on the game, his greatest battle was maintaining quality performance in spite of exhaustion.

By the conclusion of the event, Feica picked up a world record, several new record game scores, and quite a few fans. But exhausted as he was, plans were already in the works for the sequel event, Drum Hell 2 – which will be held on January 2nd, 2009 and streamed live over the internet to viewers worldwide.

Everything has increased in magnitude for Drum Hell 2; the song list has more than doubled in size (to over 530!), the event is estimated at over 60 hours, and Feica is bringing in another one of the best Rock Band drummers in the world to compete with him for a new world record. Scoggins, known in game as “H2O Someguy913” currently stands second overall worldwide for Rock Band 2 drums, and has held the #1 title several times in the past.

For Drum Hell 2, both players will be using custom designed electric drum kits. Both drummers will be taking donations to support the United Way, and viewers will be able to watch the competition live online at http://drumhell.pmsclan.com/

“We decided to go with United Way because of their programs for those financially in need; for either schooling, housing, social works and/or community services.” Feica said. “With the shape the economy is in, there is no better choice available in my eyes. The ability to help so many people across the nation from doing an event such as Drum Hell is more than worthwhile in the end.”

Thanks to generous support from companies like Patriot Memory, Plantronics, DarkStar Communications, Sapphire Tech, Philips amBX, Destroyer Pedal, Harmonix, Ustream, Scorehero, Los Cabos and Sharp; PMS Clan will be hosting a series of giveaways to registered users watch the stream. Any time either drummer finishes a song perfectly, a contest entry button will appear. Throughout the event, winners will be chosen at random from entries to receive some great prizes! For more information, and to register, visit http://drumhell.pmsclan.com

Both Feica and Scoggins are members in H2O Clan, a worldwide competitive video gaming organization with nearly 800 gamers across a multitude of games. Partnered with the widely recognized all female PMS Clan, H2O Clan members strive to create a safe, positive gaming environment for all gamers while encouraging diversity throughout the industry. More information can be found at http://www.pmsclan.com/

Please direct press inquires on this event to pr@pmsclan.com
    Ryan "H2O Rip" Chaply
    PMS | H2O Operations
    PMS Clan Inc. Editor in Chief
    Product Manager
    Link to Official Press Release
    -->Click Here<--

Lets give these two gamers some support. I have had the chance to meet a few members of PMS | H2O. They are a stand up professional group of gamers. All i can say is Best of Luck this weekend to both H2O Phr34k and H2O Someguy913.

:salute:

Re: Drum Hell 2: Guinness World Record Breaking Charity Event

They are playing Live right now.

IRC: Game Surge #pmstv

I will be on and off most the weekend. If i get updates i will be posting here... Fellow TGN Gamers lets give these two Rock Band 2 Players some support...

Comment

Update: As of 4am cst on 03 Jan 2009.

20 Hours completed
      194 Songs Completed out of 533.

Currently about 600+ Viewers watching Live.

Comment

Update: As of 10:30am cst.
        264 Songs completed out of 533.

Next update will be at about 2-3pm cst once i get home from work.

If anyone has any questions for these two please PM or Email me. Plan on doing a Q&A with them afterwards if i can.

Edit: Spoke to the PR Team for the Event and i have approval to do a Q&A with the two players. If you do have a question or something you would like to ask them please, PM me or Email me the question (Email is in my sig).

Comment

Just got a update from the Admins at PMS | H2O.

Currently at 32 Hours and 344 Songs out of 533.

Comment

watching this makes me want Rock Band 2 even more.

Comment

Originally posted by Manzi View Post
              watching this makes me want Rock Band 2 even more.
              Yea i had the pleasure back at Quackcon 08 to watch Tipperqueen and Wedge both play GH and i was amazed.

i did win some drum sticks on one of the random drawings..

Update on current songs as of 9:34am cst
              Song #478 out of 533.

total hours played i cant get off top of my head due to i am currently at work. but i bet they will finsh this up this evening. TGN Members are more then welcome to go watch the live stream. Be sure to sign up on the site and get into the random drawings.

Comment

Last update I maybe able to do til they are done.

as of Jan 4th at 1:05pm they have completed 502 Songs out of 533.

Comment

It is now complete. I am at work so i cant get to many details but per the site.

Song #533 was done on 4th of Jan 2009 at 4:42pm.

If anyone has any questions for these two players feel free to contact me shortly. I shall be getting the interview done here shortly... so please get the Q's to me before Monday evening.

Comment

Just a quick update on this.. I received today the drum sticks i won on the random drawing....

Comment

Working...
                    X