Happy New Year & 19 Beta Maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy New Year & 19 Beta Maps

Our 10-78 clan members are presently working on 19 beta maps (only for search and destroy presently).

They can all be downloaded here:

Many of them are being updated daily.

Re: Happy New Year & 19 Beta Maps

We now have 27 beta maps.

Server name: NEW MAPS at www.10-78.com
    Server IP: 208.100.23.213:28960
    Server Location: Chicago, USA
    Server Mod: Open Warfare (www.openwarfaremod.com)
    Server Slots: 50
    Server Gametype: Search & Destroy ONLY, 4 minutes round, no respawning
    Server Maps: Presently 27 Custom BETA maps

BEFORE joining our server make sure to register on our website: www.10-78.com and download our custom beta maps, we presently have 23 of them. You will also see a text file that you can download that will instruct you on how/where to install the custom beta maps. NONE of them have an .iwd file so it is very simple and it will NOT harm your computer in any way. We use this system when there was no redirect in previous COD versions. No big deal contrary to what some wants you to believe. We have over 100 clan members doing this without any problems.

Some of our beta maps are being updated frequently so make sure to read the following thread for updated maps: http://www.10-78.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18611

When you first join the server, you will download the openwarfare mod at a very slow speed but it won't take long since they are short files, usually only about 5 minutes.

If you start to download a map then it means you have not installed it properly or you have an older version, check the a/m thread.

Our 10-78 clan is COMMITTED to this Call of Duty World at War game. We have over 100 members that have and love this game. We will NOT participate in any ploy to undermine the greatness of this game.

TreyArch already stated that the redirect is fixed and will be in the next patch. There's absolutely no point in any boycott about this, it only hurts the gamers unless you are on a personal vendetta against TreyArch and want them to fail.

Hope to see you on our server soon

Comment

One of my friends has already found your custom server, and tested out the map pack, and we've played on your vanilla server before. We've been pretty happy with both so far.

I frankly have been feeling the need to finally switch over to custom, even before the patch. The stock maps while more tolerable then COD4s for me, has become too memorized for everyone playing, the dynamics are being slow being drained out, even tanks can't quite add a constant variety, but they do help a lot, and being able to play maps with them on and off helps too.

the amazing mod scene for COD4 is what made me and my friends stick to it up until cod5 pretty much. otherwise the stock maps provided at most 3 months of fresh fun.

The zombie maps have also helped switch this up with this game, some nights zombie other nights multi. and for a while, it's was every night zombie, since the maps were just spilling out, and we now have a good stock of really amazing and ones that actually change the game play (zombie chicken taco, vacant, and system are the main ones that I've played).

Look forward to visiting your server, and hope the mod community is up to the task still, cause I loved what it did for COD4, and I do like COD5 a fair bit more, so I'm hoping the same quality, and possibly quantity of custom content comes to world at war.

one question though, will we ever see any COD4 custom maps come to COD5?

Comment

I'm sure we'll see lots of CoD4 maps converted to CoD5... and lots of old UO and CoD2 maps... possibly remakes of the MoHAA maps, possibly some BF1942 or BF2 maps as well... and DoD:S...

It really depends on the mapper...

When I get some free time I'll download and test all of your maps, and find out which ones will be suitable for BFE :salute:

Cheers Busterking! P.S. OpenWarfare mod is ftw

Comment

Working...
        X