Your Thoughts on Second Chance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Thoughts on Second Chance

I think it is the new martyrdom. It is blatantly overpowered.

Treyarch should have either stuck to the original Last Stand or made it revive only, with no ability to shoot back.

The majority of people use it, and frankly, it should not have been modified from its CoD 4 counterpart.

~ the person using second chance is invincible during his drop to the ground
    ~ the bleedout time is about 30 seconds long

Hey, once people get a killstreak of two, why don't we just let them call in the B-29 Enola Gay?

If you are using a bolt action, you have almost no chance against the perk.

My suggestions to balance the perk:

Make bolt-actions a one hit kill. You might say, that this is unbalanced, but when you take into consideration the invulnerability while falling and the bleedout time, and the number of players using it, it is only fair we have something to combat it. Something tells me, having bullets that actually kill people, won't disrupt the gameplay.

Also, decrease the bleedout time. 30 seconds is too long, if you are working as a true team, it should take no more than 15 seconds to revive a teammate.

Re: Your Thoughts on Second Chance

Originally posted by KC-10 View Post
    The majority of people use it
    I think I read a previous post of yours that seemed to indicate that you play on a Console version, is that correct? If so, just an FYI that most people here on this forum are PC players, so depending on the question you ask, you may get answers that are somewhat surprising.

On PC public servers, for example, Second Chance is very rarely used - you hardly see more than a few players on the whole server with it (unless they are a group or clan that has specifically joined together). There is that split second of invulnerability when the animation is dropping the player to the ground (same as Last Stand in COD4) on PC as well, but I don't know if our bleed-out time is 30 sec or not. The one time I used SC, I don't recall it being that long, although I usually was shot by someone before bleeding out.

From using it myself, and encountering others using it, it doesn't seem overpowered on PC, IMO.

Comment

Yes, that is correct, I do play on PS3. The difference in use between console and PC was expected. I guess, this might be a console only issue.

Comment

I have nothing against it. The only thing I don't like is when I put someone into second chance and walk away so I don't have to deal with him for another 30 seconds but somebody else shoots him >__<

Comment

I dont mind it anymore than any other perk. In PC it doesnt get used a lot and that makes me sad because I like to revive people

In fact, its so rare that usually when you do have another teammate that has it, they kill themselves off before you can revive them. I almost had someone revived in a HC game, they must not have known it though because they killed themselves right when they were about to stand back up.

I think the second chance is a little long with 30 seconds, but if you made it as short as the CoD4 version, there would be no time to get to the person and try to revive. I think that is the main reason its that long.

As for the Bolt issue, headshots kill instantly. No second chance. Believe me, I know

As for tips with people that use bolts, I found when I run into someone with it, when you see them go down, but dont get the kill indicator, if you side step that will give you time to switch weapons or reload to take another shot as well as get out of their line of sight that they had with you.

Of course I watch the entire screen and everything that is going on and I know a lot of people cant or dont do that.

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Hmm. It does need a balancing factor though, and making bolts kill instantly once they do damage into the last stand threshold won't disrupt the game.

It is amazing stuff however, when I hide behind some barrels, put someone into last stand, crouch, c ock the gun and pop back up to finish him off.

Comment

Originally posted by KC-10 View Post
              Hmm. It does need a balancing factor though, and making bolts kill instantly once they do damage into the last stand threshold won't disrupt the game.

It is amazing stuff however, when I hide behind some barrels, put someone into last stand, crouch, c ock the gun and pop back up to finish him off.

I am one of those people who use this perk and for what i see it isnt overpowered at all. I get killed in one shot by the rifles and dont forget, while people are on last stand there not going to move anywhere so take you're time. I havent seen alot of people using this perk and when i have only a few use it for the revive function because you only get 2 points for reviving which is pretty poor.

Comment

tbh I think all perks are stupid

Comment

In a bolt vs last stand matchup the boltie almost always wins. That is due to the fact that the boltie gets most of his kills from a distance and as such is easily able to dispatch the prone and relatively helpless last stander. In CQB it is a different matter but so is dealing with just about any opponent when in CQB with a bolt. Quick switch to pistol is the way to go in CQB.

Comment

I use bolt all the time and I don't have a problem with it. I think your correlation between the bolt and second chance is not relevant. I can see your opinion on the second chance part, but I don't see how the bolt's strength and that are related. If I'm running towards a guy with a bolt, or it's a CQC, then I'll just knife him if reloading, or I shoot him. It's a pretty close easy shot. If far away, no prob there either.

Now, I NEVER would use last stand in CoD4. I tried it, didn't like it. I now have second chance on all of my RnG classes in CoD:WW. I know many times where I'll get more kills on the ground then when I was standing up lol. Also, during the War mode, you can keep capping the flag when you're down. They did make it a much stronger perk, hence the reason I now use it, and use it effectively.

So I would agree about toning the perk down, maybe somewhere in between CoD4 and CoD:WW, but I don't believe the bolt's strength is even related to the topic of second chance's strength. I mainly only use bolt, never have a prob.

Also, I get killed by some guys easily even with second chance. Make sure to 'finish' your enemy. I hardly ever die by second chance, and some guys I can never kill in a server b/c they kill me off. Usually, if you're getting killed by it, it's b/c you're not looking for it. You start to reload right after you think you killed him, or pop a shot or two and move on without fully killing him. Just like I'm now dying less by betties b/c I'm constantly watching out for them. You have to actually concentrate on some of these things if you want to combat them. Then after a while, you don't even have to think about it, you're constantly thinking/doing them naturally. :thumbsup:

Comment

They aren't prone. Prone is on your front. Supine is on your back.
                      Sorry for the grammar Himmler move there, but I see this even in published books. Most people think that "lying down" = "prone."

But yeah, a guy sitting there on his duff isn't a huge threat. If you use cover while using bolt-action rifles, after you pop up and shoot you just duck down, work the action, pop back up and finish him off. Or switch to your sidearm and put one round in him to shut him up. You aren't trying to run-and-gun with a bolt-action, are you?

Comment

Well, it was a real pain when I was unlocking all the rifle grenades, thats for sure. Now I guess it doesn't matter what weapon I use.

Unnamed Assailant - I am running and gunning with the bolt. First in to the action, first out to reload, I like charging with a bolt and bayonet.

Comment

Originally posted by KC-10
                          I am running and gunning with the bolt. First in to the action, first out to reload, I like charging with a bolt and bayonet.
                          That is part of the reason you're dying so much from SC, however. Because you're running-and-gunning with a rifle, you're probably finding yourself at close-to-medium range vs your opponents when they go down. While you're reloading/re-chambering a round, they're pistol spamming you in SC.

You are free to choose whatever play-style you want of course, but rifles are designed to be used from further away, and not close-up RNG (unless it's a rifles-only server).

Comment

I wouldn't necessarily call it running and gunning per say, but I'm very aggressive when using a bolt. But, I pretty much only used bolt action rifles in my MoH days, about 3 years worth, and the other CoDs also. Hence the reason I really missed them in CoD4, b/c I mainly use them. And you'd be surprised how well you can do in CQC fights with a bolt. You'll find that you stay calmer b/c you know you only have one shot every couple of seconds whereas the other person tries to spray you. And all you need is one good shot anyway. Most people prob shouldn't/can't use bolts in CQC, but I'm not the only one I know who does it, and uses it effectively.

Comment

Eh, SC isn't much of a problem any more. Sure, the bleedout time could be a little less, but popping up and down from cover is becoming normal habit now. It is satisfying knowing your teammates are advancing real slowly, even with their fully-automatic weapons, but you are the one to charge ahead, bolt and bayonet, to the enemy's demise.

Comment

Working...
                              X