Slow Loading Times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow Loading Times

I am experiencing slow loading and verifying client data times, while I used to be among the first one in the server, running around, Now I am in after the fight begins. I have 4 gigs of Ram, and a 9800 nvidia, I have plenty of space on the hard drive, the only thing I can think of would be the processor.

Does anyone have any ideas, or things I could do to speed things up, besides clearing my cache??

Thanks

Re: Slow Loading Times

defrag might help, what cpu do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by Natt View Post
      defrag might help, what cpu do you have?
      I thought that would work as well, and did a defragged when this issue started, it made no change, my cpu is AMD Athalon 64 3500+, I know it is a bit old, but just a month ago I was loading very quick, like I mentioned I was among the first actually moving around in the server..

Thank you for the help though, anything else will be appreciated.

Comment

Could try lowering settings if you want fast loading.

Comment

if you have a 5400 rpm HD then your loading time will always be slow. Get a 7200 HD and it will fly

Comment

Originally posted by AmericanDad View Post
            if you have a 5400 rpm HD then your loading time will always be slow. Get a 7200 HD and it will fly

A 7200 drive vs. a 5400 drive will indeed give you slightly better loading times, however saying that it will fly is a bit of an overstatement. Don't expect miracles, I have BF2 installed on 2- identical desktop computers with the exception of the hard drives. One PC is using Western Digital VelociRaptor that run at 10k RPM and the other PC has Seagate Barracuda that run at 7200 RPM. Both PC's are configured in RAID (0) and while the Raptors only have a 16MB cache where as the Seagate's have a 32MB cache there is not a significant difference in loading times between them that I would spend the extra $229.00 a pop to replace my Seagate drives in my other rig with the high end Raptor drives.

Everyone that plays this game is aware of the 62% factor when it comes to loading BF2 and even with both my systems being what I would consider high end, I still get a slight pause when the game get's to that 62% mark while loading. I used to get annoyed by this but now I just use the time to get a beverage or take a quick leak before gaming....

Originally posted by Sir. Tasty View Post
            Could try lowering settings if you want fast loading.
            True this may help but if I am understanding him correctly he just started having this problem so unless he recently raised his settings I am not sure that is the answer he is looking for.

Just a thought but are you having this issue on every server you try to join or does it vary from server to server because I notice slightly different load times depending on which server I am joining and what map it is running.

Comment

First Off thank you for the info on the HDD, I do experience it on all servers, now a days, and I have always played it maxed out, so that is not the issue..

Comment

Are you having any other types of connection problems? Try pinging some of the servers you use see if u get a good response.

Might be related to a corruption of your profile, try creating a new one, or reinstalling Punkbuster (as this verifies your data)

Comment

I think I will just have to live with it, I have tried defrag, Re-Patched, Created New account, I think I am about out of options.

Comment

Working...
                  X