Has anyone else seen these SWAT guys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone else seen these SWAT guys?

So I just joined a gib server and played a few rounds to shoot some people and then I saw a guy get banned for using APMs...So I kept playing and decided to use my Zeller to shoot some people and I used APMs, killed a swat guy with one and IMMEDIATELY he banned me for using APMs.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? Isn't it IG Illegal to "Ban" a player for using unlocks given to you by EA/DICE?

2.3.1 Disallowed “In-House” Ranked Server Rules:

Server Administrators may not implement or enforce server rules on ranked servers that prohibit players from using any roles, kits, weapons, vehicles or other features of the game while playing on their server. Examples of such rules that would violate the conditions of use are:

(a) Preventing any players from being Commander or Squad Leaders.

Preventing any players from using certain vehicles such as jets, helicopters or tanks.

© Preventing any players from using commander assets (artillery, vehicle drop, UAV or scans).

(d) Preventing any players from using certain weapons or items (such as flashbangs or C4) or enforcing a “pistol only” or “knife only” server rule.

Really, I have never been so disgusted by a clan ever before in my entire life.

Re: Has anyone else seen these SWAT guys?

Ya I was on there with you actually, never noticed that though I saw a SWAT guy say something about the rules and if the person didn't like them he can leave.
    I guess they got really sick of APMs?

Comment

Ive been banned from the SWAT gib server for a long long time now...but yeah admins these days are starting to get ridiculous...

Comment

EA doesn't care nevertheless, so meh.

Comment

No rules, for the good players.

Comment

Yeah unfortunately there is nothing you can do about it except play on another server.

The only 'rulez' a server needs are

1 - No Glitching.

2 - No Hacks.

.....carry on.

Anything else is just server admins being dicks. :thumbsup:

Comment

Well there are some that I think should be added other than no glitching and hacking.

This maybe hotly debated but I would say No RDX bunny hopping; of course this can be countered with a bit of FF ON. RDX bunny hopping can involve macros which isn't part of this game.

Then again; The Best Admin is not to admin since players I see going to my clan server are decent respectful players.

I think the less rule a server has, the more tolerance and freedom that players can get.

Comment

Personally I also hate RDX hoppers. But then I hate Voss whorers and motion mine trap layers. In short I really dislike anyone killing my soldier.

As for macros aint that the same as someone having a DPI switching mouse or a widescreen display. Gaining a small advantage via tweaking software/hardware.TBH I don't know how you go about setting up macros for this game.

Comment

I hate every weapon that kills me, but that's no reason to ban someone, just adept yourself. Banning someone for using APM's sound really childish and a reason to avoid the SWAT server.

Comment

Knifing servers exist, and they'll ban you if you use anything other than a knife (or maybe pistol), but you don't see EA shutting them down either.

Life goes on. Get over it.

Comment

ya i read in another thread they others are being banned for use of apm's, so you are not alone. and NO, it is not allowed by EA/DICE. no server may restrict the use of weapons

Comment

duplicate posting deleted. admin, can u remove from thread?

Comment

i remember on the L13 suez sever there was a rule that the pilot of a gunship has the right to kick the gunner from his position. we were very big on solo'ing in L13....

Comment

Originally posted by jake_ View Post
                            Knifing servers exist, and they'll ban you if you use anything other than a knife (or maybe pistol), but you don't see EA shutting them down either.

Life goes on. Get over it.

That last line makes me wonder if you were on a very tall Horse when you posted.

Comment

Macros are usually keyboard based I.E. (Logitech G11, G15, Razer Tarantula ect...) their usage as a tweak/legal use of software is debated. Technically this can be considered hacking, PB will kick people for G11/G15 macros if it detects them. They can be used for rockets too, so basically you just click 1 button and your rockets scroll in for you so you can just click the mouse a few times and kill someone.

Comment

Working...
                              X