FPS loss on cod4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FPS loss on cod4

When I usally play cod4 i get 125-250 fps, but when i got ventrilo or teamspeak running aswell then i get a huge fps loss. Then I'm down to 10-40 fps. Sometimes I might get lucky and get 100 fps. Any one know how I can fix this?

PC specs:
    Manufacturer:System manufacturer
    Processor:AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+ (2 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
    Memory:2046MB RAM
    Hard Drive:320 GB
    Video Card:NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
    Monitor:Generisk PnP-skjerm
    Sound Card:Høyttalere (2- SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio)
    Speakers/Headphones:
    Keyboard:USB Root Hub
    Mouse:USB Root Hub
    Mouse Surface:
    Operating System:Windows Vista™ Ultimate (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_gdr.080917-1612)
    Motherboard:
    Computer Case:

Re: FPS loss on cod4

Hmm try turning down your sound quality settings or turn it off just to test (in game), only thing I can think of.

Comment

Are you also running xfire? Because just recently xfire released a new update and once they did my FPS in FEAR combat and CoD4 dropped considerably when I was running xfire at the same time. It didn't happen in other games like BF2 or Crysis wars, though.

Comment

Well I tried both of your suggestions and i got max 50 fps with ventrilo on. So nothing changed. I am running a config called yitch3, does that have anything to do with it?

Comment

It could. Those custom configs could turn some things off and on along with finer details of the game, especially the yitch ones. They can do some weird things and were designed with his hardware in mind.

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I've reformated my drivers and installed cod4 again, still using yitch3, and it runs like a dream. Probably some of all the crap i had on my pc that caused it. Thanks alot for all of your advices anyways.

Comment

Working...
            X