Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me decide what joystick to buy

Hello guys
    I need some practical advices about saitek joysticks.

I have logitech extreme 3d, but now I am having big pain making it properly centered before launching the game.

I play primary BF2. I have a few questions about theese saitek joys:
    Cyborg X / Cyborg EVO / Cyborg EVO Force

Does the software support vista64?

Is there settings for the deadzone in the software?

Is it possible to use the joystick without software?

Are there any centering issues?

How durable the device is (I mean - as new it could be nice, but after a year??? For example my logitech was without an issues first 2 months - no more than 50hrs of gameplay, but then it began to loose accuracy etc ..)

And one more think about Cyborg X - does it have rudder control (twist handle/third axis)? There is nothing about it in the product information page for this joystick.

Overall I am going to spend up to 100-150$ (it is christmas - new year after all ) for new joystick. But this time I need good one :>>>. Long ago, before bying my logitech extreme 3d, I tested cyborg evo (a friend borrowed it to me) and I was not satisfied especially with center position... but I believe this could be because the joy i tested was "overused".

Expecting oppinions.
    Thanks in advance.

p.s. I have posted it on saitek forums ... but I beleive that here is good place to ask too :> I beleive here I will get really "practical" opinions.

Re: Help me decide what joystick to buy

I would add the Saitek X52 Pro to your list. I can tell you from experience that it is a great joystick/throddle combo. Very durable and tons of buttons to program. Just something to think about.

Comment

Nothing beats the CX40 Joystick..

But.. The one Impulse said (Saitek X52 Pro) is apparently really good if you don't want to buy another Logitech 3D Pro.

Comment

Saitek X52 is far beyond my budged
        CX40 - you mean atari stick ?? You must be kidding me :>>

Comment

My last Logitech joystick had issues, I replaced it and the new one is the same. I'm not sure what causes it, but unplugging it and plugging it back in fixes the problem for a while. I've heard of the same issues with the Saitek cyborg, but that was a few years ago, maybe they have fixed the problem, but worth checking.

Comment

I bought a cyborg because my e3dp had centering issues. I absolutely hated the feel of that thing so i returned it for a new logitech e3dp. Its been two years and it hasnt had the same problems with the original. Im not sure of this, but i think picking the thing up from the stick, and not the base, causes centering issues.

Comment

Originally posted by edhunter
              Hello guys
              I need some practical advices about saitek joysticks.

I have logitech extreme 3d, but now I am having big pain making it properly centered before launching the game...
              try DXTweak2 to tweak your joystick into working again.. see this thread:

Homepage for Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation. Get the latest video game news, previews, and reviews on a daily basis.
              "Crunch's First Officer"
              twitter: @signaprime

Comment

after all I bought x52 ..... it looks great
                took me all day to make my settings for usage in bf2

Comment

I'm sure after ~50 hrs of usage with the x52, you'll forget all about how much of a dent it put in your wallet ;-)

Comment

I have a few of the Cyborgs from Saitek and there are great. Rugged too.

I also have the X52 which is fantastic but only for air sims and not BF type games. You want something you can easily grab without the clutter (two separate controllers)the X52 brings.

Anything with a twist handle for rudder controll is good and 8 buttons that can be assigned to things like maps, Bomb HUD and the rear view (with Hat switch)

Comment

Working...
                    X