Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what program do you record this game with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what program do you record this game with?

do you just use fraps or something else?

Re: what program do you record this game with?

fraps.

xfire has a video recorder too, although I've never tried it out.

Comment

Fraps. Best there is if you can keep the framerate above 30 when recording.

Most others might run better but in turn have worse quality.

I think there's a way to record CoD4 demos to still pictures that you can put together with virtual dub. Not sure of it though.

Comment

demo it. Then xfire video it. then win.

Comment

demo it? would that record first person? i was under the impression that demos didnt show first person

Comment

Originally posted by Field View Post
            demo it? would that record first person? i was under the impression that demos didnt show first person
            In CoD4 they do

Comment

i use fraps, didnt demo it, just fraps, had 60 FPs, could have more, xfire allows you to change FPS.

Comment

Demo --> Fraps --> Video Editor

For the sake of not blinding people with atrocious quality, don't use xfire or anything like that, it's just stupid.

There's also a tutorial on Tek9 (I believe it's on Tek9) to record (like in CSS) in pictures and then compile then to create an extremely high quality video, but I don't feel it's worth the effort when FRAPS does an amazing job by itself.

And don't play with fraps running, that's just plain silly. I don't care how much FPS you get even with it running, there's no point to doing that. Demos will save you space and allow you to go back and record it with a movie config.

Comment

There is also a great tool to play back the recorded demos called "COD4player". It has some Cvars already pre programmed so you can view yourself at 3rd person view slow motion or fast forward, quite useful IMO.

Comment

Working...
                  X