Memory: 1.5GB
    Free Hard Drive Space: 16GB
    Video Card: 256MB NVidia 7900 / 256MB ATI X1900
    DirectX 9 compatible Stereo Sound Card
    Keyboard
    Mouse

Recommended Hardware Requirements:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4Ghz, AMD Phenom X3 2.1Ghz
    Memory: 2GB (Windows XP) 2.5GB (Windows Vista)
    Free Hard Drive Space: 18GB
    Video Card: 512MB NVIDIA 8600 / 512MB ATI 3870
    DirectX 9 compatible Surround Sound Card
    Keyboard
    Mouse

Comment

Re: GTA IV. Worth it?

Originally posted by [MyIS]Dan View Post
      Your GFX card; "nVidia GeForce 6800gtx"

Minimum Hardware Requirements:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8Ghz, AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4Ghz
      Keyboard
      Mouse

Keyboard
      Mouse
      hmm i guess i gotta fix that. I got a 4850 ATI radeon 512 mb now

I just wanna know about the gameplay and whatnot

Comment

I'm really enjoying the game, and I haven't even started played multiplayer properly yet.

The game is very CPU dependant, what one do you have?

Comment

i love it, it runs smooth for me apart from timed when its night and raining.

Multiplayer is good but can get rather annoying when you join a 'free mode' game to piss about and do some cop killing with other people and some Dickhead joins and starts killing everybody

apart from that i love it, played it most of yesterday started at 12 and stop at about midnight, i just didn't notice the time

Comment

It's a good game. I didn't like multi-player so much.
            But if you are a fan of the series, and just like to play the story go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by [MyIS]Dan View Post
              Your GFX card; "nVidia GeForce 6800gtx"

Minimum Hardware Requirements:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8Ghz, AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4Ghz
              Keyboard
              Mouse

Keyboard
              Mouse

Lol those system requirements are so weird... according to them an Intel quad core@2.4ghz is equal to a triple core AMD@ 2.1ghz... last I checked, Intel's quad cores > AMD's quad cores, so.... ??????

And according to them the nvidia 8600 is equivalent to an ATI 3870?? seriously?? lol even the weaker 3850 is still way better than the 8600...

Comment

Its a good game..If you are prepared to install SecuROM DRM, Games For windows Live program, Rockstar Social Club, theeen you can install GTA 4....

But it is a very good game, but the amount of glitches and bugs so far are pretty stupid..Like you could be driving along the road and the road will disappear, and it looks liek you're floating...Also it plays really badly.. You cant put the texture detail up to high if you havent got a 1GB gfx card... At medium, low with my specs: 4870, E8400 i get FPS lag when it rains...So itts up to you really..It's extermely fun game to piss about in, which is what i do but if you want to play properly be prepared to endure some bugs...

Comment

I think its a great step forward in terms of looks and a giant leap backwards in terms of gameplay.

It used to be that GTA was a universe that you controlled, now it feels a lot more like you are being controlled. You are constantly pestered by people on the phone, you are being constantly hassled to take part in the story line, where is the fun in having the ability to free roam when you cant do it in peace.

The relationship business is also a step too far into the realms of la la land. If i want to go bowling or go to a restaurant i do it in real life, if i wish to shoot people, rob banks, steal cars and deal drugs i do it in a game.

Also i am really tired of the missions, i get the idea, i have a gun so i can shoot people but it gets a little boring after the millionth mission based solely on the idea of shooting a lot of people, i dont ask for a great deal of variety but just a little would be nice.

I havent even unlocked all the islands and im finding it far more entertaining to mod the vehicles rather than play the game.

It is good looking but i would give it a miss for now, wait till the equivilant of San Andreas when they may have got around to installing a game into the brilliant settings.

Comment

^^ I agree with that statement. I purchased it for my 360, and it was fun to free roam, but there's a lot that ties you down and it gets repetitive. I had a ton of fun playing SA, especially because it wasn't necessarily realistic. GTA IV seems to forget that it's just a video game - it's still fun to blow stuff up and shoot things, but it could have been done better in my opinion.

Comment

Dude GTA4 is soooo sweetttt. If you have a 512MB card u might be locked out of high textures. I am. Online is so amazing, u must play team mafia!

Comment

Working...
                      X