Help with patch installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with patch installation

I want to install 1.5, and it said "Newer Version has been installed"! But I only have 1.4 installed, how come I got this message? Can anyone help, I have been away for a while and now on vacation so can spend some time to play the game....

Re: Help with patch installation

Are you using the full 1.5 update, or the incremental update?

Simplest solution, either way is to uninstall BF2142, reinstall, and then install the 1.5 full update.

Comment

It's some 525MB guess it must be the full update. If so, I don't need to install other updates just reinstall BF2142 and then the 1.5 update correct?

Comment

Originally posted by LoveBF2142 View Post
        It's some 525MB guess it must be the full update. If so, I don't need to install other updates just reinstall BF2142 and then the 1.5 update correct?
        Yes. Although you might have some problems getting Northern Strike to work. I am, but I'm working on sorting that out right now.

Comment

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2142\Version

Is the key that tells the game what patch it is at. Change this value in order to be able to re-patch.

Comment

If you are using 32bit windows, the key wont be under Wow6432node eg:

Go into registry and change version to 1.10 (Right click on Version, select Modify)

For 32bit Windows it's under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2142
            For 64bit Windows it's under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2142

Then install the 1.50 patch

Comment

Thanks! It works like clockwork!! Anyhow, I am going to install a new VelociRaptor hard drive. When I go installing 2142 again, do I go straight to patch 1.5 without patching with other patches?

Comment

It depends. For some people 1.50 causes a crash when looking at medals, and a modified content error when installed after NS.
                You would be better off installing 1.40 before 1.50 to be on the safe side.

Comment

IIRC, the method with the most success was, starting from the ground up:

1) Install BF2142
                  2) Patch to 1.40
                  3) Install NS
                  4) Patch to 1.40 (again!)
                  5) Patch to 1.50

Comment

Originally posted by Shurikane View Post
                    IIRC, the method with the most success was, starting from the ground up:

1) Install BF2142
                    2) Patch to 1.40
                    3) Install NS
                    4) Patch to 1.40 (again!)
                    5) Patch to 1.50
                    qft. :nod:

NS wouldn't work at all until I patched that way.

You have to be sure to use the 1.4-1.5 incremental patch at the end though.

Comment

Working...
                    X