X-fi freezing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-fi freezing

OK, so I've just installed my new X-fi Titanium and attempted to run both BF2 and BF2142 in X-fi mode in Vista HP 64bit, but selecting them in the options menu immediately makes the menus freeze and I have to task manager out. Anyone got any idea what might be causing this?

Re: X-fi freezing

x-fi mode on BF 2142 and BF 2 both have serious issues on my vista 32-bit so i HAVE to use hardware option instead. i imagine it's even worse on 64-bit. so much for getting a soundcard recommended by DICE/EA.

Comment

You need to swap you soundcard to the gamemode, otherwise it won't work, if you haven't done so already.

Comment

Install the latest drivers if you haven't already.

Comment

I Was in game mode, so the problem doesn't lie there. I'm installing the drivers now.

Comment

Still no luck. I forgot to mention that the sound also stops a second after I select it.

Comment

Have you tried running 2142 in hardware audio mode? I found it makes no noticeable difference to the sound.

Comment

it does make a difference, slightly. especially noticeable during orb strikes. but yeah i have no choice but to use hardware.

and stop with the game mode advice, every x-fi owner knows that basic fact.

Comment

Working...
                X