The Big *** COD WaW Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Big *** COD WaW Review

As taken from the Rubber Duck Show on RD Radio, please be aware these are only personal opinions and do not apply to everyone else:

CoD WaW: After Playing it religiously for no more than 2 days Call Of Duty World At War has finally met its end.

Single Player: Intense to say the least on Veteran Mode, but damn is it short, after playing through 85% of it in 3 and abit hours last night, i went back this afternoon only to finish it in 30 minutes, the level i was on, was actually the final level to my amazement.

The game play was satisfactory on single player, there was no real, "owe yeh top game here" feeling, apart from the graphics, COD WaW was extremely disappointing to say the least.

Another aspect of the game that let me down was the only two conflicts in the game, Russia Vs Germany, & The Americans Vs Japan. The British Who were a major part of WW2, wern't even included in this game, i like the addition of Japan, but the loss of the british demolished the games fulfillment capeabilities.

The Missions included in COD WaW were very good, but there are too few of them, the gamers need something to play, not 15 missions in which 50% of them end very quickly.

Multiplayer: Aweful, i have never played such a lousy Multiplayer game. To Start with its new, it looks good, 30 minutes later when your used to the controls and enviroment, its poor.

For one as a beginner you are seriously fubar, this is because people that have been playing long before, and are the top rank, have all the upgrades and weapons leaving you stranded in whoresville.

The Upgrades are rediculous, i was killed several times by a guy with a scoped PPSH...that gun and a scope just do not mix, its a whore weapon to say the least, to snipe someone with a volatile machine gun from across the map...words can't describe.

And the little things from COD 4 are back, shooting through walls, last stand ect... all the things that are for...noobs really

Co.Op Mode: Now...this is the part of the game i like the most, as for going through missions again after you've already finished them solo...its boring, but the Zombie Mod...Now we are talking, They should of made COD WaW a Horror Zombie Game, its more fun than the entire thing put together, being able to play along side friends and other online players, brilliant gaming experience.

The Only downfall to this is the fact you need 2 or more people to start, which means playing mod maps to test them can't be done, instead you need another person to play with you who needs to have the same mod as you or it can't be done.

There are a few coding issues with COD WaW, the loading videos during the single player missions freeze which ruins the history story which i am quite annoyed about myself, Ive played this game on XP & Vista, the Vista Experience was dreadful. It wouldn't upgrade to patch 1.1, it had to be uninstalled and reinstalled in order to work, this could be an issue with Vista not the game of course. The XP experience has been solid, no problems.

So Over all, i'd recommend Cod WaW to people just for the experience, but im more than happy to stick with Call Of Duty 2, its still the better game.

Call Of Duty World At War Overall Judgement:

Possible Ratings 5 Thumbs Up: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Singleplayer: :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Multiplayer::thumbsup:

Co.Op::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Overall: :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Re: The Big *** COD WaW Review

I can agree with some of that, but its obvious the guy(s) didnt actually learn the game nor do they like the features that made Cod4 good as well. They raced through single player and didnt try to get to know multiplayer as everyone knows the Thompson kicks butt.

They should probably stick to CoD2/UO.

EDIT: How funny, I didnt see the last sentences and they even say stick to CoD2. Thats what they want. They want a CoD2.2, not a CoD4/5. Again, nothing wrong with that, but this game was no surprise how it was going to be like CoD4.

Personally, I dont like reviews that are actually comparisons to other games. There is nothing wrong overall with it if the games are similiar or you want to compare it as a metering device, but its hard not to become bias.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Indeed zombies are the only good thing about it.

Comment

Originally posted by [25H]V|Olt.Avr View Post
        Indeed zombies are the only good thing about it.
        Which people should just get L4D and COD2.

Crunch

Comment

Originally posted by TheGameArtist View Post
          Multiplayer: Aweful, i have never played such a lousy Multiplayer game.
          COD:WW has its flaws to be sure, but this is a laughable statement. The reviewer either has very particular tastes, or simply hasn't played that many games before if he feels this is the worst ever.

Comment

Yeah, he hasnt played FFOW for sure

Poor game

Crunch

Comment

very poor review.

Comment

The Only downfall to this is the fact you need 2 or more people to start, which means playing mod maps to test them can't be done, instead you need another person to play with you who needs to have the same mod as you or it can't be done.
                Totally false. You can use the /map <name of zombie map> command to play singleplayer. This is, by the way, mentioned in the readme's for all the maps I've downloaded.

Comment

Can you get the telescopic sight for the PPSH?

I have to question anyone's review that states CoD2 is a better game. That is laughable. CoD2 was a huge disappointment, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Roamer View Post

I have to question anyone's review that states CoD2 is a better game. That is laughable. CoD2 was a huge disappointment, imo.
                    No, you can get the black dot site though. He probably means that.

As for CoD2, it was/is huge. I think UO is more popular, dont know that for sure though.

It all comes down to taste. I just wish people wouldnt say the game sucks because its like CoD4. Activision said it was going to be like it and the devs said they were designing it like that. Everyone acts all mad and surprised about it though.

Crunch

Comment

Originally posted by Roamer View Post

CoD2 is more skill based than CoD4/5. I don't know about UO because that was before my time. :P

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch View Post
                        As for CoD2, it was/is huge. I think UO is more popular, dont know that for sure though.
                        Online MP numbers right now, from Game-Monitor.com...

CS - 57,117
                        CS:S - 32,194
                        COD4 - 16,543
                        BF2 - 9,615
                        TF2 - 9,124
                        BF2142 - 3,679
                        CODWW - 3,595
                        COD2 - 3,217
                        UT2004 - 1,064
                        CODUO - 1,061

Yep, COD2's still fairly popular.

Comment

That was a pretty bad review imo, I think its nice they have moved away from normandy for once, also you dont seem like someone who players CoD multiplayer a lot with your attitude towards MP.

Comment

For me personally, CoD2 was only fun after it was modded with a bleed out mod and not the out of the box health regen/halo system. I found the gameplay lackluster and the maps were tiny. I base all of my disappointment on the fact that I loved United Offensive and assumed that CoD2 would pick up where UO ended. Instead, CoD2 took a gigantic step back, IMO. I bought it, played it and then went back to BF2, and no I am not vehicle guy. I just found that the advent of vehicles in both UO and BF2 made the games much more dynamic.

CoD2 reminded me of MoH, a cool game in its own right but dated. The gameplay was nothing new.

Comment

This guy is a total clown.. and dident even state the REAL problems with the game instead he showed wat a noob he is cause he cant do well in multiplayer witout the top weapons... i did JUST fine with the iorn sights on the thompson and quickly earned my 65 rank...... 2nd YES u can play zombie maps by urself.. ya really gata know what you are talking about before you speak please....

all of us that know what we are talking bout already kno the real problems anyway no need for this guy lol

Comment

Working...
                              X