Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can commander assets be blown up with tanks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can commander assets be blown up with tanks?

Actually, the question should be; can commander assets be blown up with anything other than RDX? Just for fun during my last round where we had capped all flags and I was just waiting for the round to end, I sat in my tank blasting away at the EMP unit. It took hit after hit after hit, but never blew. I have seen other posters who state "use 2 RDX on it and if it doesn't blow, finish it off with the tank". That seems to imply enough tank hits will blow it up, but it must have taken 20 hits while I was blasting away.

Is there any other way to destroy them other than RDX?

Thanks,
    DD.

Re: Can commander assets be blown up with tanks?

The short answer: no. Only RDX demopacks can destroy assets.

Comment

Fingulfin once said that TV missiles could destroy them although I have never tested this.

Comment

Originally posted by TrooperJac View Post
        Fingulfin once said that TV missiles could destroy them although I have never tested this.
        I believe that it was two TV missiles from the Gunship will blow them up. However TV missiles from a Hachimoto I don't think do anything to them. I'll have to test it out.

Edit: Just tested it out and two missiles from the gunship will take out a commander asset.

Comment

It also matters where you place the RDX. That's why sometimes it takes 3 RDX to take out an asset.

Originally posted by =DC=asain
          PICTURES OF WERE YOU SHALL PLACE RDX TO DESTROY COMANDER ASSETS WITH ONLY 2 RDX

Comment

I'm pretty sure you can take out commanders assets with other weapons, it would just take too long. You can test this by destroying an asset, then repairing it so it is barely alive. A few grenades should take it out.

Comment

3 RDX or 2 TV Missiles.

Comment

Originally posted by Natt
                I'm pretty sure you can take out commanders assets with other weapons, it would just take too long. You can test this by destroying an asset, then repairing it so it is barely alive. A few grenades should take it out.
                and you're too lazy to test it out yourself? only rdx and tv missile can take em out, nothing else.:hmm:

Comment

Working...
                X