Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constant crash!

Wow im really getting pissed off wit WaW

all of a sudden now i cant get more than 15 of game play in witout a Crash NOT a BSOD... it seems like its a sound glitch screen gones blank and w.e sound last hear it just repeats in rapid fire... VERY frustrating.. anyone else having this issue?

Yes ive tried new audio driver from Asus
    im using 5.1 configured thru windows and the games "sound occlusion"

Where is our patch!?

Re: Constant crash!

When that has happened to me in other games, it wasnt sound but my graphics card. It was overheating and it spazzed out and froze the game, freezing the sound where it was.

You may check your system and make sure your fans are running well and no dust buildup.

Could also be some other update or driver issue freezing. May check your event log and see if it shows anything.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch View Post
      When that has happened to me in other games, it wasnt sound but my graphics card. It was overheating and it spazzed out and froze the game, freezing the sound where it was.

You may check your system and make sure your fans are running well and no dust buildup.

Could also be some other update or driver issue freezing. May check your event log and see if it shows anything.

Crunch
      yea i use the Ntune program to manually raise both GPU fan speeds to about 80% and the latest Nvidia video drivers from their site. I did try a differance sound driver for my MOBO it hasent crashed yet but only got a few min in <shrug>

im actually fighting wit activemark and Direct 2 Drive right now becuase i purchased the game online and now used up all my activation code "vouchers" i guess. they have yet to Email me back and active mark saiz they will not help yet its there program thats causing the problem.

Comment

Im glad you are back up and running.

Good luck with the other games, from what I have read, you'll need it

Crunch

Comment

Im glad you are back up and running.

Good luck with the other games, from what I have read, you'll need it

Crunch
          OK still crashing i even formatted for the hell of it with all new chipset/video/sound drivers im starting to think it may be the power supply.. my GPU's in SLI mode require a minimum of 600watts.. i have a 650watt Nspire psu plus a ton of fans and liquid cooling for the cpu, i also took a look @ the error log and ACPI came up as last error witch is Advanced Configuration and Power Interface im starting to think the power supply is either faulty or just not enough power to run my sys. what'ca think?!!

Comment

Well, with all that other stuff running, the SLI mode and stuff, Id say youre on the right track. 650 would be a bit on the low side for all that.

To test your theory, you should break your SLI and take out one of the cards. That should give enough power back to the system to run everything else.

Crunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
              Well, with all that other stuff running, the SLI mode and stuff, Id say youre on the right track. 650 would be a bit on the low side for all that.

To test your theory, you should break your SLI and take out one of the cards. That should give enough power back to the system to run everything else.

Crunch
              i was thinking that also but i ran cod4 for an hour or so with no problem at all.. i would think cod4 would simulate the strain of Waw same engine correct?? had no issues with cod4 at all

but i did ask a few ppl about the crash while i was in waw for a min they actually said they hear of ppl that downloaded the game @ direct 2 drive are having that exact problem!! im going to do some more searching see if there is any truth behind that.

Comment

I wonder if there is a corrupt file that people downloaded.

If you find out anything, be sure to post, I would like to know for in the future.

Crunch

Comment

I wonder if there is a corrupt file that people downloaded.

If you find out anything, be sure to post, I would like to know for in the future.

Crunch
                  i was so pissed today i said f**k it and bout a real copy from gamestop. i just played 3 hours stright not a single problem altho i did have to create a new gamer tag and had to hit up a stupid rank up server to get my guns back..

Comment

Wow, so it could be something with the direct2drive version. That is strange. Makes me wonder how many others may be having problems. I hope people resond to your other post.

At least it wasnt your system

Crunch

Comment

Working...
                    X