Pattern, or coincidence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pattern, or coincidence?

Interesting supposition you have there. I think there's definitely some truth to it too.

In the case of BF2142 vs BF2 and CoDWW vs CoD4, I'm not certain its entirely due to the fact that they are modern. I think it also has to do with the fact that both of those games game relatively quickly after their predecessors, and didn't show that much improvement over the previous games either. (at least that's how I see it).

Of course, I prefer CoD4 and BF2142.

Originally posted by Namakan View Post
    Then there are the people like me
    Ich auch.

Comment

I also enjoyed FFoW as well
      I'm sure a medical professional can help you with that.

Comment

I used to be a WWII fan until I played BF2 and CoD4.. Now I'm all for modern Warefare.. Theres also alot more quality modern warefare games appose to other genres.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey
          I'm sure a medical professional can help you with that.
          So my opinion is wrong? What are you trying to say, what problems did you have with the game that made you dislike it so much?

Comment

So my opinion is wrong? What are you trying to say, what problems did you have with the game that made you dislike it so much?
            Your opinion about the game can't be "wrong"; it's what you personally like or don't like.

I never played FFoW myself...but the extremely poor online MP numbers, and massively bad word-of-mouth from those who did play it, allow me to say with total confidence that you are in the vast minority by liking it. FFoW is generally considered to be a huge failure, at least in MP, so I'm teasing you about it.

Originally posted by CrAzY eYeD cAt =^O.o^=
            Theres also alot more quality modern warefare games appose to other genres.
            That's a key point as well. Marketing could have indicated that modern war games are more desired and more popular with gamers in general, which could have led companies to put in more time, effort, and resources into making them with higher quality, in the hopes of higher sales.

Comment

its a know fact that marketers know ,when there is war in real life games like that go out and sell like hot cakes,people want real battles they can relate too but it is very racist driven

who next usa vs eskimos? joke

Comment

Originally posted by xRAMBOx View Post
                its a know fact that marketers know ,when there is war in real life games like that go out and sell like hot cakes,people want real battles they can relate too but it is very racist driven

who next usa vs eskimos? joke
                Exactly, CoD4 hit the nail soo hard on the head with its release.

Comment

Yes, I think more people play Modern Warfare games because these games present what we have in the world today. I hate games that are futuristic, where you have hover craft, jet packs, etc. I would rather play a game that either has weapons/equipment that we use frequently, or stuff that we used in the past.

Comment

I like modern warfare. Yep. Getting abit bored of M4s and AK47s now though.

Comment

I personally prefer WW2 games to modern games, especially more realistic ones such as FH2 and CoH/OF.

Comment

I prefer modern games as i always have had a disliking towards future and while world war 2 did interest me ww2 was an overused genre. taking from yahtzee (yet again) the Medal of honor franchise (for example) has been going on longer than the war itself. i like modern war games because they are the easiest to relate to.

Comment

Working...
                        X