A video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A video

Here's a video I made a couple months ago, its nothing special. And I made it for fun, not to show off any "leet skills" that i dont have lol... I just heard the song and thought it would be nice.

**Oh and its another gibraltar run and gun so if your tired of seeing those get out while you still can!**

This website is for sale! gamevee.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, gamevee.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Re: A video

Your best video It's also the only one where you're not lagging to death lol.

Comment

Thanks, these days im running on wireless DSL so im ALWAYS laggin like hell. If someone on another computer wants to even check their email my ping will shoot up to 500 or more lol...im looking to get fios very soon and hopefully that will help my lag issues

Comment

Well look at it this way... with Fios you probably won't realize when you check your ping that it isn't even an option for you, yet everyone else has a ping.

Comment

if you have 50-100 ping on most servers you'll have no problems. it also depends on the server and your ping compensation.

any problems after that and its your cpu. then its your ram. then its your gpu. in this order.

Comment

lol how can u put them in order it could be any of them :P

Comment

naw srsly cpu is the most important part remember when i had my dell the game ran stuttery and crappy even though i had 3gb ram and a midrange gpu.

then i put together the comp i have now which has a 3.4ghz c2d e8500 with 6gb ram and i plugged the 7900gs 256mb video card in (the old one from my dell) and ran the game and my framerate on singleplayer cerbere landing jumped up from 60fps to 200 ish avg fps.

then a bit later i bought that giant radeon 4870 512mb gpu and it DID NOT increase my avg fps or smoothness in the game OR hit detection or anything like that it just allowed me to crank some settings up higher and play with pretty graphics.

i dont get why people cant understand this but the biggest contributor to having this game run smooth on a computer is the computers cpu. YOU NEED A GOOD CPU TO RUN THIS GAME REALLY GOOD. YOU DO NOT NEED A GOOD GRAPHICS CARD.

then with the ram you arent going to notice any gameplay improvements past 3gb you get more ram then that and your maps will just load up faster. I have 6gb and maps load PRETTY FAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Field View Post
                naw srsly cpu is the most important part remember when i had my dell the game ran stuttery and crappy even though i had 3gb ram and a midrange gpu.

then i put together the comp i have now which has a 3.4ghz c2d e8500 with 6gb ram and i plugged the 7900gs 256mb video card in (the old one from my dell) and ran the game and my framerate on singleplayer cerbere landing jumped up from 60fps to 200 ish avg fps.

then a bit later i bought that giant radeon 4870 512mb gpu and it DID NOT increase my avg fps or smoothness in the game OR hit detection or anything like that it just allowed me to crank some settings up higher and play with pretty graphics.

i dont get why people cant understand this but the biggest contributor to having this game run smooth on a computer is the computers cpu. YOU NEED A GOOD CPU TO RUN THIS GAME REALLY GOOD. YOU DO NOT NEED A GOOD GRAPHICS CARD.

then with the ram you arent going to notice any gameplay improvements past 3gb you get more ram then that and your maps will just load up faster. I have 6gb and maps load PRETTY FAST.
                But I'm running a single core cpu with 2gb ram and my 8600gt and I get great framerates.

Comment

it depends where you play at. if i play single player with a 8600 gt with my crap cpu i get 50 fps, and if someone with a good cpu plays the same gpu he will get 100 fps.

Comment

Originally posted by sempf View Post
                    it depends where you play at. if i play single player with a 8600 gt with my crap cpu i get 50 fps, and if someone with a good cpu plays the same gpu he will get 100 fps.
                    Not true. Bf2/2142 are very, very unaffected by CPu performance. The most change you might see is 5fps.

Graphics cards and RAM make the most difference, but you'd never see a 2x increase because of just a CPU (unless it's bottlenecking a more powerful card).

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk View Post
                      Not true. Bf2/2142 are very, very unaffected by CPu performance. The most change you might see is 5fps.
                      Unless you have a Pentium D or slower. Upgrading to Core 2 really increased my framerate (with HD 3650) in close quarters and on Titans.

Comment

Surprisingly, i bet you the Pentium was bottlenecking the HD3650 as weird as it sounds!

Comment

It wasn't just framerate, the game actually felt smoother.

Maybe I should get my 7300LE back and bench?

Comment

I dont get very good FPS even with a pretty good PC...Ill have to look into it because running fraps i only get 15 fps and on my older crappier PC i got like 30-40...Im hoping its just internet lag that can be fixed by upgrading to something faster

Comment

well i have a 2.8 ghz pentium D and i know for people with the same card but good cpu they get 100 fps, and i only get 50 fps. and for the rest my pc is better specs, more and faster ram etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X